Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '71 Turn signal switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IronHillRestorations
I'm wading through some electric problems on a '71 that is getting a replacement chassis harness. This is a car with the 12 pin connector for the column.

The turn signal switch wiring has been hacked on a bit, and looking at replacing it, but I don't see a direct replacement.

Anyone know what part will work, or can be made to work?
914Sixer
71 Beetle will work. All seven wires are loose. Have to make it into harness to plug in.
IronHillRestorations
Thanks Mark! The next issue I'll have is trying to figure out how it's supposed to go. Not sure it was put together right, and there's no color wiring diagram for the '71
nditiz1
I purchased this one a few weeks back, but am not sure if it will work with the 71. It works fine in my 74.

Amazon Turn Signal
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yup only problem is that it is a real hassle to replace!!

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 16 2020, 05:38 AM) *

71 Beetle will work. All seven wires are loose. Have to make it into harness to plug in.

IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 16 2020, 06:36 AM) *

yup only problem is that it is a real hassle to replace!!

After closer inspection, it looks to be the only part of the harness that didn't let any smoke out, so I'm going to leave it
duane-9146

I'm trying to use this part to replace stock switch on my 70 914. What is the proper wiring color codes to connect to the 12 pin connector. Wiring instructions only lists 5 of the 8 wires coming from the switch.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
lay the new one out next to the old one and follow the wire progression coming off of the switch

QUOTE(duane-9146 @ Oct 31 2020, 01:20 PM) *

I'm trying to use this part to replace stock switch on my 70 914. What is the proper wiring color codes to connect to the 12 pin connector. Wiring instructions only lists 5 of the 8 wires coming from the switch.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.