Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: originality
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Speedo
Finishing up the underside of my six and painter wonders what he is supposed to do with my heat shield. There is evidence of paint on it, although he doesn't agree. Body color or satin black or? Thanks in advance.
mepstein
I thought they were always body color.
Front yard mechanic
I thought all heat shields were galvanized raw in color but I don't know much confused24.gif
914Sixer
Always painted body color and bolted on.
Speedo
So far 2-1 body color...
porschetub
Mine isn't a "true" six but has original paint on the shield if not bit burnt sad.gif .
flyer86d
Body color on my original 6.

Charlie
IronHillRestorations
Same color as the car, definitely not galvanized
Speedo
Thanks guys, body color it is. I also brought home a box of the headlight stuff and will post pics shortly. Painter thinks they should be black satin...I'm wondering body color.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Speedo @ Jul 17 2020, 05:36 AM) *

Thanks guys, body color it is. I also brought home a box of the headlight stuff and will post pics shortly. Painter thinks they should be black satin...I'm wondering body color.

Headlight parts were gray.
Some early heat shields were welded on and some bolted on. I just worked on a 1970 914 that had a bolt on shield.
@914sixer
Cairo94507
Yup- Bruce (of course) nailed it. Headlight mechanisms were grey. beerchug.gif
Speedo
Ok, I just checked my sons 72 1.7 (in progress) and the headlight mechanisms looked like they were in primer grey. What is the correct grey...and maybe rattlecan them? And my bonnet braces got painted satin black also...but they should be body color? How about the battery hold down?
SirAndy
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 17 2020, 06:46 AM) *
QUOTE(Speedo @ Jul 17 2020, 05:36 AM) *
Some early heat shields were welded on and some bolted on. I just worked on a 1970 914 that had a bolt on shield.

All factory /6 cars had the shields screwed on (as far as i know, not sure about the '72 /6s) as well as all very early '70 /4 cars.

Later /4s always have the shield welded on ...
shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.