Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: More money than taste
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Part Pricer
One of my neighbors just put his house on the market. It was custom designed for him by a renowned architect. It is supposedly designed to look like an encampment of tents in the desert. Luckily, you can't see this place from the road.

Part Pricer
another
seanery
barf.gif
Part Pricer

A view from the ninth fairway approaching the house. Yes, this place has its own nine-hole golf course.

tat2dphreak
is that neverland? looks like a circus.... barf.gif
Part Pricer

From the air

MikeP
That is hideouse stromberg.gif
phantom914
ohmy.gif

I have more money than he has taste too....And all I have is some loose change in my pocket. smile.gif

Andrew
jasons
I hope the "renowned" architect didn't put that one in his portfolio. barf.gif
ematulac
whiskey - tango - foxtrot
Hawktel
Renowned? Renowed for his bad taste? They should paint it one colour, and hope they get a rich guy with astigmatism so he can't see the ugly lines.
Scott S
We use to see houses like that in Orange........... but it was because they had bugs...
tat2dphreak
I have to know... what 'renowned' architect did that?

Eisenman?
Part Pricer

The house was designed by Michael Graves. Not surprisingly, he doesn't show any pictures of it on his website. I had to dig a bit, but he does list it in a pdf file of his projects as the "Uffleman House".

I'm going to see this place tomorrow. Should we put in a bid and make it our clubhouse? smile.gif
boxstr
Looks like a great place, just remove the home. I like the pool and golf course.
CCLINHOMEANDGARDEN
STL914
That's some neighborhood you live in. Let's see your
place!!
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Paul Heery @ Jul 11 2005, 10:55 AM)
The house was designed by Michael Graves. Not surprisingly, he doesn't show any pictures of it on his website. I had to dig a bit, but he does list it in a pdf file of his projects as the "Uffleman House".

I'm going to see this place tomorrow. Should we put in a bid and make it our clubhouse? smile.gif

rolleyes.gif I'm not surprised... it does LOOK very Euro-disney...

I met graves on a visit to Princeton... great guy, but some of his stuff is kooky...

all good architects have some crazy stuff...
SGB
It is a sad commentary on our society that a person that is so obviously delusional can amass enough money to waste it on childish fantasy.
Part Pricer
QUOTE (STL914 @ Jul 11 2005, 12:35 PM)
That's some neighborhood you live in. Let's see your
place!!

My place is not that impressive. Here's a pic. biggrin.gif
tdgray
Oh Paul.... don't sell yourself short.

I bet you have the best imported saw dust floor in your neighborhood biggrin.gif

Do you have a bearded lady as your servant dry.gif
Mueller
not my taste, but I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be....
redshift
laugh.gif Paul ...no... ROFLMAO..

idea.gif

Does this guy know you are stalking him... with a helicopter?

M
Allan
QUOTE (tdgray @ Jul 11 2005, 10:17 AM)
Do you have a bearded lady as your servant dry.gif

Housekeeper.

Jenny
Really... really... scary.

Jen
Part Pricer

For those of you playing along at home, the property just hit the realtor.com site Direct Link

Pretty much the same pictures I posted plus a couple more and a description.

MikeP
Wow, I got a deal. My tent was $150 at Costco, now I can justify the 6,749,850 my 914 will cost to finish!
Lou W
I found a picture of the owner biggrin.gif
morph
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jul 11 2005, 08:02 AM)
Looks like a great place, just remove the home. I like the pool and golf course.
CCLINHOMEANDGARDEN

i agree.

james
larryp
Paul-

1. When I saw the title and that you started it, I assumed it was about me. So this is better. That said,
2. When your neighbor finds out about this thread you are going to have some 'splaining to do.
3. Ditto, re Mrs. Paul since she is in the biz.
4. Not to mention your new neighbors, once the place sells...
Tom Perso
Would the architect get pissed if you covered that shit with vinyl siding???

LOL

Tom
tat2dphreak
I'm telling you... sell it to Michael Jackson... it can be "NEVERLAND: EAST COAST"

"you want to go to the big top little boy? how about a coke?"

icon8.gif
Mr.C
I hate clowns...remember Poltergeist?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.