Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wild 914 race roller with 935 nose and 962 wing FREE to a good home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
dug
Wild 914 race roller with 935 nose and 962 wing FREE!!!
Moving and need this gone ASAP.
Bill of sale only.
Located in SF Bay Area (Los Altos, CA 94022)

Removable steering wheel hub (not pictured)
Dual master cylinder pedal cluster with adjustable bias knob
Front oil cooler with AN12 lines to engine bay (unknown condition)
Steel fuel cell (unused but out of date)
Roller suspension made from random 4 lug parts
4 early steel wheels
Spare 935 Kremer nose (with additional hood not pictured)

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Henry Schmidt's old race car
dug
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 19 2020, 04:37 PM) *

Henry Schmidt's old race car

That's correct. I have a variety of old photos he gave me with the car that I will pass on the buyer, but it did not come with log books or a title. I removed the suspension and a few other parts it came with to use on my IMSA car restoration.

It was a very fast car between the massive tires, the wing and 2.8L six he had in it! I have too many project to keep it.
sixnotfour
Inspiration..
tygaboy
Pardon my lack of knowledge re: 914 race cars.
Is this car considered in any way "famous" or otherwise deserving of restoration or general preservation "as-raced"?

I could see this being an interesting starting point for a build I've been noodling on but I wouldn't want to do it to a chassis that has any sort of provenance.

Comments please.
brant
Henry himself is well known as an engine builder.

but not as a famous race car driver
a lot of very cool builds, do not have provenance

this car would have some issues finding a place to run
svra would maybe accept it with a clear/smoked ginther screen
(good luck finding one)

it could run PCA

where did Henry run it at?
mepstein
I would add it to pelicans cars for sale forum (if you haven’t already), mention Henry’s part and add the early pics. beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
POC....914 fron Hell....Henry's name of it..Call him Super Tech
dug
Definitely no provenance of any kind without a logbook, it cant be grandfathered in as a vintage anything, and the cage would not pass tech in any current organization. The shell is not rusty, and the nose, flares and wing give it a cool look. The way he removed the rear bumper are and smoothed the rear floor, and widened the rear tail lights with the flares are some cool details. It would need a real proper cage built to go on track and everything else to make it run. The ginther screen was among the pieces I needed for my IMSA car.
gereed75
Now if it was one of Henry’s old works Maico motor cross bikes it would have serious provenance
dug
Price drop bump!
Ace Le Count
QUOTE(dug @ Jul 26 2020, 11:41 AM) *

Price drop bump!

Is it still available?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.