Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: PayPal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
I recently purchased a part and paid by PayPal. When the part didn’t arrive, I contacted the seller. He claimed his PalPal account is locked and cannot withdraw the money I sent.
Has anyone experienced a locked account; and, how was it resolved ?
fixer34
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 19 2020, 08:52 AM) *

I recently purchased a part and paid by PayPal. When the part didn’t arrive, I contacted the seller. He claimed his PalPal account is locked and cannot withdraw the money I sent.

That's his issue to deal with PayPal.
To protect yourself, I would open a dispute with PayPal. "item not received", contacted seller. Claims he can't access the account.

Paypal will follow up with the seller. They will resolve the account issue or refund you you if it turns out to be a scam.
shelby/914
I have recently received two what I believe to be pishing emails about my account. The message was not from PayPal but states the account is locked and cannot be used until I provide additional data to them. Just deleted the emails and continued to use and monitor my account with no problems.

Could be the same situation or just a bad seller. Jim should contact PayPal directly.

Dan
Jett
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Jul 19 2020, 07:30 AM) *

I have recently received two what I believe to be pishing emails about my account. The message was not from PayPal but states the account is locked and cannot be used until I provide additional data to them. Just deleted the emails and continued to use and monitor my account with no problems.

Could be the same situation or just a bad seller. Jim should contact PayPal directly.

Dan

I received the same scam emails from a fake account claiming they are PayPal... usually the actual email name is telling smile.gif
ConeDodger
The only way it would be locked is if he already has disputes he has lost and PayPal locked him out till they get paid.
mepstein
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Jul 19 2020, 10:18 AM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 19 2020, 08:52 AM) *

That's his issue to deal with PayPal.
To protect yourself, I would open a dispute with PayPal. "item not received", contacted seller. Claims he can't access the account.

Paypal will follow up with the seller. They will resolve the account issue or refund you you if it turns out to be a scam.

agree.gif
bandjoey
Or he already clicked on the fake email and they have emptied his account already. I get one of those email about every month.
jim_hoyland
Thanks for the info, I’ll lodge a dispute with PP
OH: the good news is the seller is on a different Porsche site, not a 914 Worlder
sixnotfour
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 19 2020, 10:14 AM) *

Thanks for the info, I’ll lodge a dispute with PP
OH: the good news is the seller is on a different Porsche site, not a 914 Worlder

Don't Leave Home...what part is it ??
jim_hoyland

Don't Leave Home...what part is it ??

It’s the Boxster door-sill umbrella that fits into the passenger side door sill depression.
The case holds the small umbrella and is a perfect fit for the door sill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.