Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Restoring Green Dot Jack
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jett
Looking for any guidance on correct paint, potential deconstruction techniques, etc.

Thanks
Rob-O
I restored mine. The top (the silver cap) has to come off. You just have to pry the small tabs to get it off. Then the whole screw mechanism comes off. You also will need to remove the green cap off of the handle if you’re going to paint that item. I had the handle and body powder coated low gloss black. I sanded the silver cap and then had it replayed along with some other items (seat base arms, etc.). The jacks look fantastic when they’re done.
Jett
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Jul 19 2020, 08:37 AM) *

I restored mine. The top (the silver cap) has to come off. You just have to pry the small tabs to get it off. Then the whole screw mechanism comes off. You also will need to remove the green cap off of the handle if you’re going to paint that item. I had the handle and body powder coated low gloss black. I sanded the silver cap and then had it replayed along with some other items (seat base arms, etc.). The jacks look fantastic when they’re done.

Thanks, I have a few so will give it a try.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.