Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
otto
I am looking to find the person/persons that own a 914/6 Sportomatic. I knew of it last in the Sacramento CA. area. Thanks in advance for all leads.
SirAndy
QUOTE (otto @ Jul 11 2005, 11:16 AM)
I am looking to find the person/persons that own a 914/6 Sportomatic.

there's one in germany. while i don't know the owner in person, i have exchanged a few emails with him in the past.

it's for sale for €50k ...
cool.gif Andy
Mueller
I have pictures of an original 914/6 Sportomatic that I took from our trip to France, car came from the Sonauto dealership....

good luck, I didn't know there was one so local to me.....
Gustl
one is at AA in their showroom
one is in Sweden - needs resoration - you might contact Philip Fischlein, he should know the owner
914120 - the Sportomatic prototype car is in germany for sale - needs restoration, too
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE (Gustl @ Jul 11 2005, 10:48 AM)
one is at AA in their showroom

The car that is now AA's was owned by Jeff Gacek in Minnesota. Jeff is the guy that initiated the original 914 Club website back in '95 or so.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Gustl @ Jul 11 2005, 11:48 AM)
914120 - the Sportomatic prototype car is in germany for sale - needs restoration, too

yupp, that's the one. runs and drives, but needs some TLC. very crappy repaint ...

cool.gif Andy
Gustl
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jul 11 2005, 09:42 PM)
yupp, that's the one. runs and drives, but needs some TLC. very crappy repaint ...

cool.gif  Andy

do you know if it's still owned by Jakelic Automobile?

btw - what's the meaning of "TLC"?

confused24.gif Gustl
ematulac
QUOTE (Gustl @ Jul 11 2005, 01:25 PM)
btw - what's the meaning of "TLC"?

confused24.gif Gustl

tender lovin' care
SirAndy
QUOTE (Gustl @ Jul 11 2005, 01:25 PM)
do you know if it's still owned by Jakelic Automobile?

yes. they've been trying to sell it for the last 10 years ...

wink.gif Andy
914gem
There is one in Midland Arkansas.
Al Meredith
Check with Charles at L&N Engineering (nicky's) I think he has a couple of sportamatics .
Gustl
just found an other advertisment for a sportomatic 4sale in germany

Porsche 914-6 Sportomatic

it says that's documented that there were 18 914-6 Sportomatics delivered in Germany
this is one of 'em
in parts
original engine and tranny
special colour and interior
prominent pre-owner

unfortunately no pic
tdgray
About $13,800 USD..... not too bad really smile.gif
cnavarro
Sorry, but my sporto is a '70 911T. I'd love a sporto 914 though :-)
Dave_Darling
Is the one in Sac'to silver in color? I recall seeing a silver one (I think!) at the PartsHeaven swap meet many many many years ago. Probably in the early 90s, shortly after I got my first 914. I thought it was kinda curious, and kinda bass-ackwards to have an "auto-stick" in a sports car.

--DD
Rand
Are the Sportomatics strong? A v8 conversion with an automatic would be interesting.
hijacked.gif
bondo
QUOTE (Rand @ Jul 12 2005, 04:32 PM)
Are the Sportomatics strong? A v8 conversion with an automatic would be interesting.
hijacked.gif

Should be as strong as a 901, they use the same gears and such (not the same ratios, but parts are interchangable)
jd74914
Apparantly, sportos are interesting to drive, because of the vacuum assisted clutch (? I don't remember exactly how it works)

On the other hand, I have the only 914/4 sporto around biggrin.gif as I found a sporto shift knob in Dad's 911 the other day and put it on smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.