Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 2.0 runs amazing but won’t hold idle when hot
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jett
Hello our 75 2.0 is running well, starts right up when cold, but after a spirited 20 minute drive the car will not idle. I can start the car up without issue and drive as long as I don’t stop.

Any ideas?

Thanks
dr914@autoatlanta.com
closed points, leaking pressure sensor, stuck advance weights, idle screw not adjusted, head temperature sensor out of spec, fuel pressure too high, valves too tight,

QUOTE(Jett @ Jul 22 2020, 07:16 AM) *

Hello our 75 2.0 is running well, starts right up when cold, but after a spirited 20 minute drive the car will not idle. I can start the car up without issue and drive as long as I don’t stop.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jett
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 22 2020, 07:36 AM) *

closed points, leaking pressure sensor, stuck advance weights, idle screw not adjusted, head temperature sensor out of spec, fuel pressure too high, valves too tight,

QUOTE(Jett @ Jul 22 2020, 07:16 AM) *

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks George. The points are good, valves were just adjusted, so they should be good. We did just restore the throttle body, so will check the idle screw.
Bleyseng
Idle speed is set when the engine is hot. So drive around and get the engine hot and then set the idle air bypass screw and the mix knob on the ECU. First check the points if they are in spec and not closed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.