Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTHOT!!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pokey1168
OK guys and girls I know already how far off I am here, but I have to share or I may bust.......

I stumbled on to an old ('74) VW transporter with a beat up old motor in it. Well after a TON of work on her over the past month or so I finally got her up and running. Now on to the interior.

Oh yeah ......Thanks for letting me get that out , I needed smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif
Lou W
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
larryp
Congratulations, they are fun cars. I spent a bit of adolescence in a Westfalia camper.

Last Sunday I saw one of the bazillion (19 or so?) window versions in Scott's Corner NY. It was restored and looked really sharp. Another neat thing was that it had a set of five bolt black center Fuchs.

I once read about a transporter running a 993 motor; I wonder if that was this car. No pics, sorry.
tat2dphreak
that's not THAT OT I was expecting something like '2 midgets in a menage a trois with a goat' or something REALLY OT...

this is still a VW with a type 4... 1/2 way to 914 if you ask me wink.gif

congrats, show us pics... smilie_pokal.gif
pokey1168
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 11 2005, 02:42 PM)
that's not THAT OT I was expecting something like '2 midgets in a menage a trois with a goat' or something REALLY OT...

this is still a VW with a type 4... 1/2 way to 914 if you ask me wink.gif

congrats, show us pics... smilie_pokal.gif

hey now those two midgets are my cousins...... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

and she don't have a type IV in her no more......she has an in line four from a rabbit pick up......OK,OK , you can stop laughing now cool_shades.gif ........pics will be posted in a few mins.
Qarl
Nice avatar... me likey! smile.gif
pokey1168
QUOTE (Qarl @ Jul 11 2005, 03:25 PM)
Nice avatar... me likey! smile.gif

me too.......makes me tingle every time I see it
pokey1168
OK, now let's see if I can get a couple of pics on here......
The story with the bus is that it was driving along with an old fuel line just waiting to go...when it did gas on some hot headers,.......and VIOLA........type 2 flambe' ......it got hot enough to melt the heads and do horrible things to the interior. The interior is now stripped of all but the front seats and wall panels. A buddy of mine had a rabbit motor the he had been using in a baja, that made its way into the bus. Subsequently it all made it into my garage in trade for a '65 type 1 sedan.
pokey1168
More pics
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (pokey1168 @ Jul 11 2005, 03:27 PM)
QUOTE (Qarl @ Jul 11 2005, 03:25 PM)
Nice avatar... me likey!   smile.gif

me too.......makes me tingle every time I see it

it makes me feel kinda funny... like when I used to climb the rope in gym class...
pokey1168
motor pic
pokey1168
Sometimes I should just leave her alone.......My loving Mrs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.