Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car camera install on my WRX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CaliWRX
This is an easy way to get some cool vids while driving. I just taped it to my front bumper and ran the cables through the engine bay to my passenger window. The video quality aint bad. I sent MattR a vid, maybe he can post it up here. Oh yeah, I plugged it into my lap top and just recorded it using the software that came with the camera.

I can't wait to autocross and shoot some video!

Here are some pics:

user posted image
user posted image

It is a Creative camera, it cost me $49 from Fry's I believe. Here is a link to a description of the camera.

http://www.creative.com/products/product.a...253&product=629
MattR
what an ugly car
CaliWRX
Yeah, well at least my car runs! And it has a front bumper to attach a camera to! Maybe you should think if these things before you spin out and hit dumpsters ya 8 foot hobbit!!!

Tom Perso
Will a Type 4 fit into it???

laugh.gif

Tom
CaliWRX
No need for a Type 4, it is already a flat 4. smile.gif
ArtechnikA
i'm sorry, you seem to have mistaken us for the Subaru forum...

[ biggrin.gif ]
Tom Perso
Sheeiiiit, everyone knows you can't turbo a Stupidroo... smile.gif

finger.gif

Fun cars... Esp in STi trim... smile.gif

Tom
dlo914
QUOTE (Tom Perso @ Jul 11 2005, 12:04 PM)
Sheeiiiit, everyone knows you can't turbo a Stupidroo... smile.gif

finger.gif

Fun cars... Esp in STi trim... smile.gif

Tom

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE (CaliWRX @ Jul 11 2005, 11:13 AM)
No need for a Type 4, it is already a flat 4. smile.gif

Yeah , but its a water pumper. Think how cool a Raby 3.0 would be in that car, less weight over those front wheels too. Good low end torque, etc And best of all the car would have a soul! biggrin.gif
airsix
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Jul 11 2005, 12:21 PM)
Yeah , but its a water pumper. Think how cool a Raby 3.0 would be in that car, less weight over those front wheels too. Good low end torque, etc And best of all the car would have a soul! biggrin.gif

Nope, the Subaru motor and attached ancilary equip. actually weighs less than a TypeIV.

-Ben M.
mskala
Hmm, I bet your laptop hard drive will not be happy
with you bouncing around.
CaliWRX
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Jul 11 2005, 11:58 AM)
i'm sorry, you seem to have mistaken us for the Subaru forum...

[ biggrin.gif ]

Just trying to get some modern technology to all you "classic car" people!! biggrin.gif

Hmm, I bet your laptop hard drive will not be happy
with you bouncing around.

I use tie downs and fasten them around the seat. It sits nice and snug.

Brando
I eat at McDonalds 3 times a day, I have fifteen credit cards, I like to watch football with my large Caucasian (and 1 minority) buddies, I smoke in the shower, I like to watch teenage girls fight, my 8 sons are in the Army, and my big-azz Expedition is double parked in front of my suburb palace, proudly wearing an 8.5" x 11" American flag decal on the inside of the tinted back windshield. Bitchin.

Is that the utlimate white trash signature, or wha? biggrin.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE (airsix @ Jul 11 2005, 12:32 PM)
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Jul 11 2005, 12:21 PM)
Yeah , but its a water pumper.  Think how cool a Raby 3.0 would be in that car, less weight over those front wheels too.  Good low end torque, etc  And best of all the car would have a soul! biggrin.gif

Nope, the Subaru motor and attached ancilary equip. actually weighs less than a TypeIV.

-Ben M.

Really? WIth water in radiator and all equipment attached including turbo and intercooler?
airsix
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Jul 11 2005, 03:52 PM)
Really? WIth water in radiator and all equipment attached including turbo and intercooler?

The info I was given from nippon-motors (seller of JDM engines) showed it to be 40# lighter than a 2.0 typeIV. That included turbo but did not include intercooler and radiator, which only weigh a few pounds. Two gal. of water is 12 pounds, so I'm thinking the total package is still slightly lighter.

-Ben M.
grantsfo
QUOTE (airsix @ Jul 11 2005, 04:21 PM)
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Jul 11 2005, 03:52 PM)
Really?  WIth water in radiator and all equipment attached including turbo and intercooler?

The info I was given from nippon-motors (seller of JDM engines) showed it to be 40# lighter than a 2.0 typeIV. That included turbo but did not include intercooler and radiator, which only weigh a few pounds. Two gal. of water is 12 pounds, so I'm thinking the total package is still slightly lighter.

-Ben M.

Water is actually 8.34 lbs per gallon. wink.gif I'm curious what does nippon list as the 2.0 turbo engine weight?
nebreitling
interesting idea to get some video of your runs...

i'm not sure my car would pass tech with a laptop strapped down to the seat, but it'd be a nice way to study the course between runs at the AX!

n
CaliWRX
Yes, the EJ20T is a tad lighter than a type four I believe, or at least very close in weight.

About passing tech, I have seen batteries tied down worse than this laptop is. It is totally secure, if they don't pass you it would be ridiculous.
airsix
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Jul 11 2005, 05:20 PM)
Water is actually 8.34 lbs per gallon. wink.gif I'm curious what does nippon list as the 2.0 turbo engine weight?

You're right. I'm used to doing fuel weights, but water is heavier than gasoline. I don't remember the engine weights. It was two years ago when I called them.

-Ben M.
CaliWRX
QUOTE (Brando @ Jul 11 2005, 03:46 PM)

Is that the utlimate white trash signature, or wha? biggrin.gif

aktion035.gif
Brando
QUOTE (CaliWRX @ Jul 11 2005, 07:54 PM)
... About passing tech, I have seen batteries tied down worse than this laptop is. It is totally secure, if they don't pass you it would be ridiculous.

I vaguely remember you pointing and laughing. Don't diss the double-bungee-cord method. Of course, that was before the battery got trunk't.
CaliWRX
I would never point and laugh!

.....................I would go behind the nearest car and tell everyone I could flag down instead. smile.gif
Trekkor
Here's mine
CaliWRX
Nice setup!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.