Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering Wheel Hub Adapter Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aggiezig
Howdy 914World,

I'm inching closing on my project car and have been working on electrics. I want to get the horn working properly and would love for my turn signals to cancel as well. I have a 1975 car and I'm using a Momo 8002 adapter, which I belive is the correct adapter for this year. I installed the horn contact ring, but there is so much space between the back of the adapter and the end of the column that it's not even close to making contact. Some pics below...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

So, what am I missing here? Gotta be something simple... Any feedback appreciated
Rleog
I have an 8002 adapter on my ‘74 and it looks like this:

Click to view attachment

You may not be working with an 8002.
GregAmy
QUOTE(Rleog @ Jul 24 2020, 10:27 AM) *

You may not be working with an 8002.

agree.gif I wuz gonna ask if you're confident of the source, and search all over that baby for "8002". That does not look like my 8002 (mine looks like the above photo).
Montreal914
I also have the slim one showed above but the OP's new MOMO has the collapsible feature behind that boot and MOMO still lists it as 8002 (!). confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
aggiezig
Yep, I bought that exact "8002" adapter from Amazon. It looks like this might not actually be an 8002??
sixnotfour
here is a collapsible 8002
aggiezig
I ordered another "8002" from ebay that looks to be the right part. We'll see when it arrives... I'll keep you guys updated
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.