Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Set of 4 - 14" Rims - 5.5 - 6.5" wide
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Craigers17
So I am looking for a set of 14" rims, 5.5-6.5 in width, 4x130 bolt pattern, I think the center bore should be around 3.1 inches in diameter. I'm open to design options, ...pretty much anything but Fuchs.

Just to be very up front,....I am also kind of looking to see what's out there as far as availability,(if I get any responses at all) so I'll probably let this run for a few days before I make any commitments... so please don't take that as my being disrespectful or uninterested.

Obviously, I'm willing to pay for shipping if you're not close enough for pick up. Thanks, and show me what your willing to part with!
Thanks,
-Craig

brant
Why 14 inch?

There are not 14 inch tires
And the Fuchs is the only rim with the correct offsets
Craigers17
QUOTE(brant @ Jul 24 2020, 06:36 AM) *

Why 14 inch?

There are not 14 inch tires
And the Fuchs is the only rim with the correct offsets

Unfortunately, I'm just not a Fuchs guy,...with a 5.5 inch wheel, many of the offsets will easily fit under a narrow bodied car. If you're looking for me to make a performance argument as to why 14 inch wheels would be preferable to 15 wheels, I can't do that. I already have a set of 15" stock Mahles. I guess I just like variety. I could eat Super Sugar Crisp everyday if I wanted to, but some days I prefer Frosted Flakes and other days I like Shredded Wheat.

As far as tires go, I already have an almost new set of 14" Falken Azenis RT615K 195/60/14's which should do nicely.... I never said I wasn't a bit strange.

theer
I agree 14” wheels will be tough to find... try searching for Minilites in that size and bolt pattern- they look great in a 914! Would have fit VW’s, back in the day too, but offset may not work for you.

Good luck!

euro911
When using the standard 'VW' offset wheels, even if 5.5", realize that some manufacturer's tires are wider in the same size and can rub the rear inner fender lips, but typically 4x130 pattern in 15" wheels. Some 195/65x15 tires work, some don't. Also, not all 914 came off the assembly line with symmetrical rear suspensions ... some have as much as an inch difference from side-to-side.

I had some wheels made at a custom wheel shop back in the 70s for my '68 'Cal Bug'. They cut down the VW centers and used Chevy outers - 5x14" up front and 6x14" rear. I had them made with an offset so all 4 tires fit within a 1/2" in from the fender lips and ran Pirelli P3s - 185 front, 205 rear.
Craigers17
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 24 2020, 11:49 AM) *

When using the standard 'VW' offset wheels, even if 5.5", realize that some manufacturer's tires are wider in the same size and can rub the rear inner fender lips, but typically 4x130 pattern in 15" wheels. Some 195/65x15 tires work, some don't. Also, not all 914 came off the assembly line with symmetrical rear suspensions ... some have as much as an inch difference from side-to-side.

I had some wheels made at a custom wheel shop back in the 70s for my '68 'Cal Bug'. They cut down the VW centers and used Chevy outers - 5x14" up front and 6x14" rear. I had them made with an offset so all 4 tires fit within a 1/2" in from the fender lips and ran Pirelli P3s - 185 front, 205 rear.

@euro911 ...thanks for the input. I have run into some fender rub issues before on some Dan Gurney wheels, so I will need at least 4.5 inches of backspace in general. @theer ..14" Minilites would be great....seems it's easier to find them in 13" for some reason.
garrettlee2
Click to view attachment 14” western wheels
garrettlee2
If you search western on the samba.com there is a set of funky wheels in 14/7 in Virginia for $150
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.