Date-Matched Set ’73 2.0 Gauges w/ Rare Silver Dot Combo Gauge

Included are:
- Standard Tachometer (Dated 8/73)
- 150mph Speedometer w/ Odometer Showing 58,283 Miles + Trip Odometer Cable Included (Dated 7/73)
- Rare ’73-Only, Silver-Dot Center Fuel + Temp Combo Gauge (Dated 7/73)

Gauges are unrestored and are being sold as-is. The good news is that the orange needles do not appear faded and the numbers on faces look bright white, but there is surface rust present on bezels and scratches on plastic lenses. I do not know whether they work and have no way of testing them. I would presume that at a minimum, these gauges will need to be reconditioned before use.

My understanding is that the “appearance” package came standard on ’73 2.0 cars, but that in some cases customer preference was to not have the center console — for such instances, a combo gauge that showed temp in place of a big red brake indicator light was made available. I have also read that some ’73 1.7 owners paid to upgrade to this gauge. Either way, it seems like the circumstances by which it got made and sold were very narrow.

I am not able to find a sale record for a silver-dot 2.0 temp + fuel gauge anywhere. An unrestored, non-silver-dot version of this gauge recently sold on Ebay for $375. I would think the silver-dot variant is more desirable for it being more aesthetically compatible with earlier cars. I would prefer to keep the set together since they are all date matched.

Asking $473.20 (OBO - Make Offer) + $15 Shipping for all 3 gauges.

Metal 3-gauge faceplate is not included in sale… I used it to hold the 3 gauges together for pictures, but I actually need to keep this piece for my car.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image