Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absolutely Positive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahycaramba
Trying to get the 411 on positive door strips. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a difference in Decal vs Vinyl stripes and which one is better. confused24.gif I have seen some cars that had stripes installed and now showing cracks from uv rays and some had color fade. I have also heard of a conditioner to keep it from cracking. Looking for low maintenance material that can stands the test of time and looking for a custom color "deep blood red". Any ideals or recommendations?
TIA.

Al

Click to view attachment
mepstein
Take the digital file to a print shop or sign shop. Usually cost ~$50 to get the stripes made. The shop will have the correct outdoor vinyl. I used to do them all the time when I worked at the Porsche shop.

Some cars look really good with the letters in one color and the stripes in another.
914_7T3
Call @Bart.Car-bone

https://car-bone.pl/products/externaldecals/

They do custom script and custom colors.
Chris914n6
It's never been a "decal" though they call it that. It's all vinyl. Some vinyl is better than others but I've been out of the sign biz long enough to forget. The expensive 'soft' stuff used to dry & crack prematurely.

As far as color, it depends on the biz and which brand they use. Since the stock is 24" or more wide, I'd have them cut 4 stripes as it's just waste to them anyways. Vinyl is pennies cheap - you pay for time.

@JoeBob with the bouncing boobs used to do stripes to order.
ahycaramba
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 24 2020, 05:47 PM) *

Take the digital file to a print shop or sign shop. Usually cost ~$50 to get the stripes made. The shop will have the correct outdoor vinyl. I used to do them all the time when I worked at the Porsche shop.

Some cars look really good with the letters in one color and the stripes in another.

Thanks mepstein. I know more about scan tools than I do about computers and computer jargon. Not sure what you mean by digital file. Would that be a jpeg picture or digitized coding for of stripe measurements? If it's the coding I need where can I get that?
sixnotfour
914rubber
infraredcalvin
This is the hot stuff for outdoor vinyl graphics, although there are others. The digital file needed is usually a vector file, somebody handy can make it from a good image, such as the one you provided above. Getting the correct scale is another story though.

https://www.orafol.com/en/americas/products...51-premium-cast
infraredcalvin
I wanted to try different livery options for my race car. After not finding everything I wanted in the same matte black, I bought a vinyl cutter of my own. I did all the black and white graphics on my race car with it... including the negative Porsche script, it’s a work in progress...

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.