Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 1.8 Throttle position switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CoronaMike
Hey peeps,

So, I'm going through my fuel injection system section by section and I'm at the throttle position switch.

I took out the throttle body, then took of the black plastic cap and I'm looking at the switch here. It starts out touching the contact on the right, then as I move the throttle spring, it goes past the center where it's not contacting anything - then eventually hits the contact on the left.

I checked the ohm meter and it starts out at OL then when I get to the other contact it's at 0 (so from what I understand - that's correct).

I'm just wondering if when it's disconnected like this - is it supposed to be touching the contact on the right side? Or is it supposed to be positioned in the center (not touching either side)?

Video Below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf0eabIcO1Y
JeffBowlsby
This any help?

CoronaMike
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jul 25 2020, 09:44 AM) *

This any help?

I had seen this, but I think this is for a 2 l or a 1.7 switch. The 1.8 is different. It's only a 3-pin and it doesn't have the same sliding mechanisms for the screws with the little hash lines.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.