Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got some neat parts today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TravisNeff
A big red pod was delivered to my house today. Lessee what some of this stuff is. Some are unusual, you can guess what some of this is.
jaredmcginness
Cool parts. What’s the scoop? I like that KM cluster.
sixnotfour
CF Fan pray.gif The rest a Science project poke.gif

Bellevue WA.... misc. parts HM,,I knew a guy.. I wonder if the speedo is from my 84 Turbo
TravisNeff
It came from someone that I went to HS with in Issaquah. He worked for porsche motorsports. That fan is a 935 K3 Prototype fan. CiS system look odd? its a 934 setup
mepstein
My friend, Fred Apgar, used to build 934 engines. He’s stopping by my house tomorrow to trade some Porsche parts. Let me know if you need any help with stuff.
Unobtanium-inc
The ubiquitous yellow top crates! I swear by them.
TravisNeff
The km/h speedo is a 964 unit. I have no idea what I am going to do with all this great stuff.

There's tons of new porsche engine parts in bags, goldmine to me! There's a complete 75-77 Euro 930 cis system, distributor and turbo mahle cylinders. Also a garrett turbo in there and a scavenge pump in there too.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(TravisNeff @ Jul 26 2020, 12:18 AM) *

The km/h speedo is a 964 unit. I have no idea what I am going to do with all this great stuff.

There's tons of new porsche engine parts in bags, goldmine to me! There's a complete 75-77 Euro 930 cis system, distributor and turbo mahle cylinders. Also a garrett turbo in there and a scavenge pump in there too.

The fuel distributor has eight ports. On a 6 cyl. ?
Boost control valve. Dangerous item.
Superhawk996
The size of that old turbo is hillarious. Those beasts were the epitomy of turbo lag but cool as vintage period pieces.
Mueller
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jul 26 2020, 04:51 AM) *

You can cap 2 of the lines at the distribution block. That is what Volvo did on their early 240 Turbo cars except they used 6 cylinder CIS parts on the 4 cylinder.

I wish I kept my Volvo CIS parts for my 242.

Cool collection of parts for sure.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jul 26 2020, 10:08 AM) *

You can cap 2 of the lines at the distribution block. That is what Volvo did on their early 240 Turbo cars except they used 6 cylinder CIS parts on the 4 cylinder.

I wish I kept my Volvo CIS parts for my 242.

Cool collection of parts for sure.

2 are plugged..
TravisNeff

Those are unique to the 934 race cars.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(TravisNeff @ Jul 26 2020, 01:37 PM) *

Many have been put on street 930s
Installed a few myself.
The dangerous part is the driver thinking you can always turn it a little more...... and of course navigating at speed in your rear view mirror
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jul 26 2020, 01:52 PM) *

QUOTE(TravisNeff @ Jul 26 2020, 01:37 PM) *

Many have been put on street 930s
Installed a few myself.
The dangerous part is the driver thinking you can always turn it a little more...... and of course navigating at speed in your rear view mirror

You can prevent that happening... if the rear end steps out in a corner, DO NOT LIFT YOUR RIGHT FOOT!

Gotta love the digital throttle on the early turbo cars.... No power.... No power....No power.... OH S**T!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.