Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nanner Nanner Nanner!!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ClayPerrine
I took the wife's 914 in to get it inspected yesterday, and I was able to look at the
Texas vehicle inspection code.

Seems that only 4 counties in Texas have an emissions requirement, and it's a rolling 25 year exemption. As of right now ALL 914'S ARE EMISSION EXEMPT IN TEXAS.

Everything older than 1981 is now emission exempt here!!! smilie_pokal.gif

I knew there was a reason I didn't want to live in California. We have good weather, no state income tax, and no emissions requirements after 25 years.

mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
Lyressa Roberts
I don't have to do emission's on my 914...I didn't think anybody did.
ClayPerrine
In california a 75 or 76 914 still has to have all the smog stuff on and working.

Lyressa Roberts
Oh...ok. That makes sense why I haven't had to then... biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
really? did they change it?

I thought Dallas and Collin County had a rolling 30 year... my 72 still made the cut... confused24.gif

for some reason I thought the cutoff was 75, until next year.

but yea, it's only like $12 too... if you have to get it smogged, it's $50 for inspection.
lagunero
good weather? it's 85F, clear blue sky (nice breeze), yea it sucks out here biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
It's a 25 year rolling exemption , not 30. Dallas, Tarrant, Collin, and El Paso counties have to have emissions tests.

I read it off the wall of the inspection station yesterday. I thought it was anything 75 or newer had to have an emissions test. Asked the guy inspecting Betty's car. He said that it was a 25 year rolling exemption.

beerchug.gif

Mueller
that still doesn't make Texas any better for driving thru laugh.gif ..which we will be doing this Sunday....

Hwy 10 from here in CA all the way to LA (hope the damn storms are gone by then)
Jakester
The Govenator just repealed the exemption for 30 year old cars here in CA. 74 is the last year (of any make) that will be smog exempt from here on out. I squeaked in there... cool_shades.gif
tat2dphreak
kick ass!! beerchug.gif

it's nice here too.. 97, no clouds, no wind, no rain to speak of in a month... nevermind, it's freakin' HOT, who am I kiddin'?

I'd love a 5 day drizzle!
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (lagunero @ Jul 11 2005, 01:07 PM)
good weather? it's 85F, clear blue sky (nice breeze), yea it sucks out here biggrin.gif

Hehehe...Yep, just had lunch outside with a nice cool breeze off the bay.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (lagunero @ Jul 11 2005, 03:07 PM)

Too many people.. too many intrusive laws... too expensive......

It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

BTW... 91 degrees and partly cloudy here. And we get real seasons!

ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Jakester @ Jul 11 2005, 03:11 PM)
The Govenator just repealed the exemption for 30 year old cars here in CA. 74 is the last year (of any make) that will be smog exempt from here on out. I squeaked in there... cool_shades.gif

So that means that 914 smog pumps are going to become a valuable commodity.....
ematulac
I wanted to move to Texas but I couldn't find a job fast enough.

Instead, we moved to Palmdale, CA. Hot Texas-like weather, and a California sized mortgage payment. The forcast is calling for high 90's today, into the 100's the rest of the week. But my wife likes it and won't consider Texas anymore. screwy.gif
Toast
Good thing you said "Bite me Cali BOYS", or else I might have been offended and would have had to do some serious ass kicken. happy11.gif

p.s. That's why the Cali "folks" should own cars older than the exempt date. screwy.gif
ClayPerrine
Convince her that you can cut that "california mortgage" payment in half and get twice the house here.

Toast,

I was poke.gif at the braggarts there who are always bragging about all the clean, rust free 914s they have just falling out of the trees.

tat2dphreak
they don't *really* brag, per se... they just cut up cars that are better than most of us have! which is a lot like saying flipa.gif wink.gif
Eric_Shea
clean, rust free and without screws in the headlight eyebrows... blink.gif

w00t.gif
ClayPerrine
finger.gif
Eric_Shea
Ooooooooooops... that got him. laugh.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Jul 11 2005, 04:27 PM)
clean, rust free and without screws in the headlight eyebrows... blink.gif

w00t.gif

lol2.gif chairfall.gif
Allan
Actually, any '75 and older car is exempt. In the year 2020 a 44 year old car will have to pass emissions. chairfall.gif
ClayPerrine
I personally have not seen a 914 without the screws in the eyebrows. But then again, I am not perfect, and I don't know everything..............

Too bad some people in california think that they do......... biggrin.gif
ewdysar
Around here, I've seen all sorts of strange things in eyebrows... safety pins, rings, studs, etc. etc. laugh.gif

Even my 914 has bolts in it's eyebrows. No rubbers sad.gif

Eric
SLITS
If they were going to give the world an enema, they would stick it in Texas. pain30.gif

I think I'll cut up a rust free '70 in your honor Clay flipa.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jul 11 2005, 03:45 PM)
If they were going to give the world an enema, they would stick it in Texas. pain30.gif

I would have said someplace like Iran.....
SLITS
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 11 2005, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jul 11 2005, 03:45 PM)

I would have said someplace like Iran.....

but this post is non-political biggrin.gif , so I had to pick Texas.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 11 2005, 12:59 PM)
I took the wife's 914 in to get it inspected yesterday, and I was able to look at the
Texas vehicle inspection code.

Seems that only 4 counties in Texas have an emissions requirement, and it's a rolling 25 year exemption. As of right now ALL 914'S ARE EMISSION EXEMPT IN TEXAS.

Everything older than 1981 is now emission exempt here!!! smilie_pokal.gif

I knew there was a reason I didn't want to live in California. We have good weather, no state income tax, and no emissions requirements after 25 years.

mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif

Good weather? Been to Texas a few times, and recall the humidity in Houston as being worse than DC or Viet Nam. Tornadoes aren't weather? And what about hurricanes? Then there's Wichita Falls, where you can stand in snow in a dust storm ................. At least after an earthquake, your house is where you remember leaving it ........................... And, speaking of earthquakes, CA is a long way from the largest one ever recorded in US history. (Missouri, close to TX) The Cap'n
Howard
Ron, don't know about you but I'm all depressed about living in this hellhole now. Wanna take a run down to Malibu in the teeners to help cheer me up? Bring a coat, down in the 60's tonight at the beach. Mulholland, Decker, or Encinal?

Clay, Wayne, why don't you guys take a twisty tour, too? beerchug.gif
TravisNeff
Bah! AZ goes back to 1967 still.
zymurgist
Maryland doesn't have a rolling exemption; the cutoff is '76 though, so teeners can rejoice. beerchug.gif

Actually, if you have a '77 or newer, you can register it as a historic vehicle (25 years or older) and not have to do emissions. BTDT.
Grimstead
QUOTE (Jakester @ Jul 11 2005, 02:11 PM)

Close, 1975 is the last year. Just got the tags for mine a couple of weeks ago. Woo Hoo, no more backally smogchecks boldblue.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Toast @ Jul 11 2005, 05:18 PM)
That's why the Cali "folks" should own cars older than the exempt date.

if you live in Colombia you have bigger problems than what year your car is...
ninefourteener
Well doesn't this friggin SUCK!!! headbang.gif headbang.gif

My car just got back on the road after over a MONTH of not being able to drive it because of all this emissions crap.

ar15.gif EMISSIONS fighting19.gif

Thats ok..... I've been to Texas 5 times:

1) San Antonio for basic Training...... Gotta love rich business men, in custom made suits to fit their gigantic stomachs, and cowboy hats..... There's something just really wrong with that.

2) Houston..... flew out to buy a car. That night in a bar, I got hit on by a fat woman........ AND HER HUSBAND. Great.

3) Wichita Falls (3 times)..... ummm..... to much to really mention there.... what a friggin DUMP!!

jester.gif

St Louis rocks!!! bootyshake.gif
chilli
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 11 2005, 12:59 PM)

I knew there was a reason I didn't want to live in California.  We have good weather, no state income tax, and no emissions requirements after 25 years.

AND lots or rednecks.
mike driving.gif
Allan
QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Jul 11 2005, 03:29 PM)
3) Wichita Falls (3 times)..... ummm..... to much to really mention there.... what a friggin DUMP!!

Eeeewwww, I had to stay there for 8 weeks once. Horrible place (no offense if you live there). We used to sit outside and watch the tornadoes ramble across the horizon. Oh yeah, girlfriend got stung by a scorpion, IN THE HOUSE!!!
JWest
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 11 2005, 04:09 PM)
It's a  25 year rolling exemption , not 30.   Dallas, Tarrant, Collin, and El Paso  counties have to have emissions tests.

I read it off the wall of the inspection station yesterday. I thought it was anything 75 or newer had to have an emissions test. Asked the guy inspecting Betty's car. He said that it was a 25 year rolling exemption.

beerchug.gif

Don't believe everything you read on a shop wall - just to be totally correct it is 24 years and Dallas, Tarrant, Harris, El Paso, Collin, Denton, Galveston, Brazoria, Fort Bend, Montgomery, Ellis, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, and Rockwall counties.

http://www.tnrcc.state.tx.us/air/ms/vim.html
SLITS
QUOTE (Howard @ Jul 11 2005, 03:13 PM)
Ron, don't know about you but I'm all depressed about living in this hellhole now. Wanna take a run down to Malibu in the teeners to help cheer me up? Bring a coat, down in the 60's tonight at the beach. Mulholland, Decker, or Encinal?

Clay, Wayne, why don't you guys take a twisty tour, too? beerchug.gif

Yeh Howie, I'm really depressed. I think I'll drive the 60 miles of twisties thru the pine forest in the mountains...sunny, clear, about 70 degrees, fresh smell of pines in the air, no bugs.....blast by the lake and stop in Starbucks for a double Mocha.

Malibu would be equally as good biggrin.gif

Tejas....love bugs, 98% humidity, burning sun, blowing dust, trees - yea, scrub brush...and the worst part of all....Texans in Cowboy Caddys.
Brando
QUOTE (Jakester @ Jul 11 2005, 01:11 PM)

BS! My 75 is exempt!
Lou W
Brando   Posted on Jul 11 2005, 04:40 PM
QUOTE (Jakester @ Jul 11 2005, 01:11 PM)

BS! My 75 is exempt!

I thought it had to do with the build date.
wheelo
Where is Texass ?
I thought that Mr. Bush sold that a long time ago....
To Mexico !! El Presidente Fox & company...
It's a better fit !
laugh.gif

Texas DOES have some nice looking women Though!

cool_shades.gif

Cali - 4 - Ya Rocks... and the more people that move to ; TX, AZ, OR, & NV, the better! So, Yeah Texass, go there... It's the bomb... cheap houses... fine women...
jobs for everyone @ Walmart ! You can have the Govenator when we give him the boot too! He won't be Baaaack!

beerchug.gif

- M
SLITS
QUOTE (wheelo @ Jul 11 2005, 05:24 PM)

cool_shades.gif

Especially around the Gulf Coast with all the humidity in the air....their skin, etc., is beautiful.....................then they start talkin wink.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jul 11 2005, 08:02 PM)
QUOTE (wheelo @ Jul 11 2005, 05:24 PM)

cool_shades.gif

Especially around the Gulf Coast with all the humidity in the air....their skin, etc., is beautiful.....................then they start talkin wink.gif

see... that's your problem... YOU listen... wink.gif

TX isn't for everybody, I like it, but I don't know anywhere else... I know I don't care for snow... had that in west TX, and it was nothing like up north... I still hated it...

TX women are a DEFINATE plus...

I'd love to party with you folks out there too... beer.gif beerchug.gif

oh, and NOT EVERYONE in TX voted for "W" dry.gif he pisses me off as much as anyone...
bd1308
i thought there was no politics here....
ninefourteener
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 11 2005, 05:24 PM)

You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!!!!

OMG....... I think Texas tipps the national obesity charts----LOL
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Jul 11 2005, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 11 2005, 05:24 PM)

You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!!!!

OMG....... I think Texas tipps the national obesity charts----LOL

laugh.gif
WHERE are you looking man?! yea, you can find fat girls, if you are shopping for them at chucky cheese!

there's all kinds of hotties here though...
ninefourteener
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 12 2005, 05:29 AM)
WHERE are you looking man?! yea, you can find fat girls, if you are shopping for them at chucky cheese!

there's all kinds of hotties here though...

LMFAO chairfall.gif

Honestly.... I was down in Wichita Falls about 1.5 years ago....... for 3.5 weeks.

I was attending a class.. but it was easy.. so I was out partying almost every night...... I know that town quite well.

I swear..... Maybe it was just Wichita Falls, but almost every woman I saw out in the bars...... were cows--LOL

Oh yea.... don't ask me why, but I haven't been in a fight since I was 13 years old........... During my 3.5 weeks in WF, I was literally DRAGGED out of "Grahams Central Station" by 2 bouncers because apparently I had a serious dress code violation--LOL

Oh yea... and TWO different times...... drunken cowboys picked fights with me.... because theit fat girlfriends (or wives, I dunno) we hitting on me.

Keep in mind... this was all in just over 3 weeks--LOL

Needless to say, I'm not real anxious to go back to Wichita Falls.... barf.gif
tat2dphreak
witchita falls is more like small towns then... there are small towns in TX, where if you go in a bar, and you don't know the people there... you will almost always end up in a fight... I don't go to cowboy bars though... that's why you were finding 2 legged heifers...

I didn't know they had a "grahams" in W.F. there's one in Midland/Odessa too... if it's anything like that bar, most of the people were probably looking for a fight before they showed up... my wife lived out there and said there was fights all the time... rough place.

not all bars in TX are like that... in my partying days, in Lubbock, I was out there for 6 years, went to just about every bar in town, and partied every weekend. I saw maybe 3-4 fights... total. one was in a rough little bar with a mostly punk crowd, it was right next to a local Frat-daddy hang out. as you can imagine, the 2 didn't mesh well... the frat guys would come over and try to start shit after 'power hour'

at least 2 were just frat guys fighting among themselves...
ninefourteener
LOL.... yea.. I know biggrin.gif

I'm mostly just messing with Texas... I'm sure like any other state, there are plenty of cool places.

And trust me.... I know Wichita Falls is NOT one of them--LOL
1bad914
I lived in CA for two years, not bad, but you notice I don't live there now! 10 acres, four car heated garage and I don't have to put a 2nd mortgage on my house to register my vehicles...oh , inspection whats an inspection, I had those in basic training!! biggrin.gif It's 87 degrees and really nice here to...just start this thread in January and I'll have to talk about my heated garage some more because it will be as cold as hell!! cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.