Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: 77 911 Targa Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
nditiz1
CAR SOLD******
Engine being used in 6 conversion

In order to fuel my 914 obsession I need to sell a newly acquired 77 targa. I know not a 914, but at least it is currently flat 4 powered lol. Buy the car and i can use the money to put the twin plug in my overheating 914 beerchug.gif

1977 Targa Project
- Needs new interior
- Rebuilt 76 twin plug engine with PMO's needs to be installed
- Currently powered by VW beetle engine
- SC fiberglass flares installed
- Matching numbers 77 2.7 engine included

$20k OBO

Just the car $10k.

PM for serious inquries - located in MD

*Note Body kit is no longer on it. Complete Stock body panels come with it, decklid, rear bumper, front bumper, valence, etc

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
roblav1
If this was a coupe, I'd be at your door tomorrow.
nditiz1
If this was a coupe I'd be selling the wife
av-943.gif

Edit - I have some walk around videos if anyone is interested. Also vw engine ain't no slouch, 2332, 160+HP but leaks oil dry.gif
Montreal914
So just to be clear, this car comes with a hot rod VW engine, a 76 twin plug 911 engine, and its original 77 2.7? confused24.gif

What is the condition of the original 2.7?
What are the specifications on the 76 twin plug engine?

beerchug.gif
nditiz1
I know killer deal right?

Well the 77 is mainly only a block and the heads. The internals were used for the 76 engine. That engine had work done at Ollies for the block and the heads (twin plug) Other than that it is a stock rebuild never been run. Setup for PMO ITBs and distributorless ignition.

So I guess it is a hot rod VW engine (that leaks oil), a 77 empty 2.7 engine, and a 76 twin plug 7R engine.
Front yard mechanic
Wow those seats alone should be worth your asking price good luck with the sale!
billh1963
QUOTE(roblav1 @ Jul 26 2020, 06:37 PM) *

If this was a coupe, I'd be at your door tomorrow.

So would everyone else.... lol-2.gif
2mAn
Is the white an original color?...

nditiz1
Its not its original nor do I think a Porsche original. This car was originally platinum metallic and then became red and then supposedly had a bare metal respray to this pearl white.
billh1963
This car screams “backdate” to RSR or similar. Buy a roof off a wrecked coupe (not all that hard to find) and backdate the nose. Then do whatever you want to it. It will never be concours so make it your own
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.