Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumble mostly finished
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rstover
I first became aware of the Bumblebee because of Jeff,s great passion for the cars. After eight and half years the car is what I hoped it would be. It runs great, handles great and looks great. Hopefully it is rust free.

I made a lot of missteps along the way but was always able to get them fixed because of the dedicated 914 enthusiast that gave so freely of their advice on the 914 World. Without those who answered my questions it would not have possible. Jeff's diagrams were invaluable and I could always call Mark when I was really stuck. Many, many others have made post and given advice that without i could have never gotten close to the finish line. For those who have sold parts to me they are in the car.

Thank You All

Click to view attachment

ctc911ctc
QUOTE(rstover @ Jul 27 2020, 12:45 PM) *

I first became aware of the Bumblebee because of Jeff,s great passion for the cars. After eight and half years the car is what I hoped it would be. It runs great, handles great and looks great. Hopefully it is rust free.

I made a lot of missteps along the way but was always able to get them fixed because of the dedicated 914 enthusiast that gave so freely of their advice on the 914 World. Without those who answered my questions it would not have possible. Jeff's diagrams were invaluable and I could always call Mark when I was really stuck. Many, many others have made post and given advice that without i could have never gotten close to the finish line. For those who have sold parts to me they are in the car.

Thank You All

Click to view attachment

party.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(rstover @ Jul 27 2020, 10:45 AM) *

Thank You All

Click to view attachment

I have notified my friends who live in Kerrville to be on the lookout for your Bumblebee out and about. Are there accurate records of the actual number of BB that were imported into the US market? huh.gif
davep
Marketing materiel said there would be 500 of each of the two colors.
Jamie
QUOTE(davep @ Jul 28 2020, 07:08 AM) *

Marketing materiel said there would be 500 of each of the two colors.

But how many were imported into the US market? All of them?
JeffBowlsby
All 914 Limited Editions (914LE) came to the USA, they are USA market cars.

20 went to Japan as the 914SL, one of which is Mr. Husseys possession today.

The remainder stayed in Europe as the 914 Jublillaumsmodell, near as we can tell much less than 100 of the European market cars were produced.

Not sure if the 1000 were the total worldwide production or not, or if only the USA cars were the 1000 mentioned in marketing literature. About ~300 or so are accounted for on the 914 LE Registry as either known survivors or destroyed.

And the known 914 LE tribute cars are also indicated.

Details here: https://bowlsby.net/914/CanAm/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.