Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dizzy swap. Q
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
ok, I'm about to put the engine back in the car... this time for 'good' I hope...

I have a 009 on there right now

and I have a 050 ready to be put on...

question is this: how can I set the timing if the carbs aren't sync'd and how can I sync the carbs if the timing isn't 100%?

I was thinking: get the timing close with the 009, smooth idle anyway, then sync the carbs, then swap for the 050... or do I just start with the 050 and do the cabs and timing together?
ArtechnikA
if you know your 009 is "good" go with that to start. 50% of carb sync is linkage and you can do that with the engine off...

GENTLY screw in all the idle air correction jets, and GENTLY screw in the mixture adjustment jets, then back them all out 1.5-2 turns.

or install the .050 and static-time to something like 5* BTDC. it'll start. if you are at all in the ballpark you'll be able to reach 3500 rpm for a quick adjust on the timing. let everything warm up and sync the carbs.
nebreitling
timing isn't that bad to set with carbs running even half-out. then sync your carbs. then re-check your timing. then re-sync your carbs.... t'ain't bad.
tat2dphreak
ok, cool, as usual I was thinking about it too much...

the engine was running pretty damn good with the 009, I'll get it close with that, quick sync, switch to the 050, then sync again, and go back and forth for, oh, what I'm sure will feel like eternity, and eventually get it smile.gif

thanks! smilie_pokal.gif clap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.