Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PANEL BEATER NEEDED! (No Porsche Content)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brian Mifsud
Hi All,

I've got a design I'm working on where the final manufacturing process will be Progressive Stamping Dies. It's a catch-22 where you can't prototype this part without the Form Tool, which is really expensive, then could be a waste if the part doesn't pass the performance criteria.

Here's an example of the type of features. They stiffen the part and allow a handle to be mounted.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

It occurred to me that somebody who is talented with panel-beating might very well be able to do the job.

So.. I'm trolling here... can anyone offer their expert services or recommend someone who has?

I'm in Northern California , but there's really no reason why these parts need to be made to be made locally.

if you can recommend someone, or you yourself are so gifted, please contact me via the 914World Messenger.

Thanks

Brian

Nogoodwithusernames
To get a trial piece maybe carve out a block of wood with a router and hammer the sheet steel into the shape over it? Might be rough but would at least give you a starting point if you can't figure anything else out.
tygaboy
I have stamped my own panels and may be able to help you. It depends on how deep the stamp needs to be and what material you're looking to use in the prototype. I'll PM and we can talk.
Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.