Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CAD updates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Optimusglen
As you may have seen, I had the opportunity to get my hands on laser scan data from a real car. With that data I am finally able to 3D model up a car and have it actually be accurate. Admittedly, there are a few areas that were not scanned that I've had to eye-ball, but overall it's much more accurate than any of the previous models I've done.

I've finished the hard portions of the body, but the devil is in the details and I'm tackling those a little at a time while also making variations. For example I built the standard horn grills first then copied that part and edited it to make the fog light grills. When I'm rendering these I can swap out whichever parts I want.

There are some really next level body modifications I'm doing as well, the project with Sung Kang, but those are under wraps currently. I am soooo excited to share those!

For now, feast your eyes on how I'd like to build my personal car. With what may be my new favorite color.

For those wondering, the new models are all class A surfaces, the kind of thing you want when making real parts. Not optimized for 3D printing, especially at smaller scale.

IPB Image

higher res: http://live.staticflickr.com/65535/5017071...692d99f1_3k.jpg

IPB Image

higher res: http://live.staticflickr.com/65535/5017151...1ef12fc8_3k.jpg
eric9144
wub.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Wow!!! Amazing work, I do love the color of that one too drooley.gif
raynekat
Man...I wish you'd done this set of models about 2 years ago.
I would have definitely chosen this for the color of my car I had painted.
What color is this?

Really cool color you don't see on many cars (or Porsches).
Classic.
Nice job!
Cairo94507
Love the work and the color. beerchug.gif
MM1
highlights look from these views - nice backplate/env too . . .good job!

Now, if I can just find that 550 scan I had. . .
914forme
drooley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.