Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuchs center caps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Macboozer
I have new center caps installed on wheel. I would appreciate any suggestions for removing same without damage. Thanks,
macboozer
qa1142
someone made tools

Pull wheel and tap out from backside
Hartmann
Here is my tool I made -

Ralf Hartmann
Engman
Like this...... $12.00 includes shipping
Dave_Darling
A piece of PVC pipe, if you can find just the right diameter, works. I am told.

--DD
smg914
I think it's Part Werks in Chicago that sells a two piece kit to install and remove the center cap on 914-4 alloys. I believe I paid about $30.00 for mine and I have to say they work great. The one to install the cap is made of PVC and the one to remove the cap is a machined piece of heavy duty tubular steel.
spare time toys
Take a screwdriver put it under the lip and give it a good shot with a BFH. Then you could always get a large chanel locks grab onto the sucker and twist it out. blink.gif Whoops just reread you dont want to mess them up. Tap out from the back using the handel of a hamer down through the center hole to tap on the back of the cap.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (Engman @ Jul 11 2005, 05:14 PM)
Like this...... $12.00 includes shipping

agree.gif Nice and small. Works great! clap.gif
Mueller
of course I still don't know if it's a 4-lug Fuchs or a 5-lug Fuchs...unless everyone else but me is a mind reader biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
Wooden dowel.....and a rubber or non rebound hammer.
p914
For about $6 go to Loews or home depot and buy the pipe and coupler.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.