Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ravena green L65K
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
larryM

posting Q for new member 935DP

Ravena green L65K needs info on formula to mix for repaint NOW

doug_b_928
I don’t have the formula but will need this as well. The local supplier says that sikkens u base (solvent) has the colour. I’m planning to get a color card from them to compare to what’s left of the original paint on my car. But it will be a while before I can get to it. I’ll watch this thread with interest.
914e
PPG should be able to match it. An old formula might not even work anymore, the pigments have changed over the years.
partsman912
This is what I used.Click to view attachment
partsman912
Turned out perfect . This is single stage ,no clear coat.Click to view attachment
Blue6
Now that’s a beautiful car. Bump
rgalla9146

Matcing shirt too !
Beautiful.
Tdskip
Just be aware most moderns paints/clear are too bright to fully match.

I am a bit surprised the paint shop can’t look this up.

@partsman912 - nice work!
sixnotfour
Base Paint: Dimension DM628

L65K Ravenna Green:
Code:
DM628 Base Paint 75.77 g
DM529 Clean Yel 70.89 g
DM528 Ferrite 16.63 g
DM504 Yellow G 3.29 g
DM522 Strong W 0.08 g
Sherwin-Williams Automotive.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/archive/i...-40--index.html

partsman912
Click to view attachment

Bottom is as nice as the top . This was the first time using Nason (you may remeber them as Dupont) paint .Always used PPG in the past but the local supplier went out of business. I must say it was wonderful to use if you go by the spec sheet directions. Car was down to bare metal used epoxy sealer first then medium build primer before putting down 3 coats of color.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.