Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 Porsche 914-Performance Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
1975Porsche914
Hello,

I just dropped my old 1.8l engine out of my 1975 Porsche 914. I was thinking of a 2056 or 2276 build.

I am looking for a excellent machine shop and engine builder, what parts to get, what parts and vendors to avoid, and what modifications are worth every dime to do. Are there any good aftermarket FI systems? or just go to carbs?

I also took out the 901 transaxle, and looks like a full replacement internally is required. Need a shop for that also I honestly am afraid of buying off Craigslist/Ebay, etc. As I will never know what I'm getting. Please advise.

I would like to install a Front Sway bar kit. Vendor suggestions, size, (Street car), other suspension suggestions?

Thank you all !

Suggestions welcome,
Ken
N. Orange County, Yorba Linda, CA
ndfrigi
Ease shop I think in Fullerton for engine rebuild and Dr. Evil (member here) for your tranny.
Tom_T
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Aug 1 2020, 05:20 PM) *

Ease shop I think in Fullerton for engine rebuild and Dr. Evil (member here) for your tranny.

That's Aase in Fullerton, & I don't think that Doc Evil is still doing Trans rebuilds, but if so - he can chime in here now.

The is still FAT Performance - now moved from Orange to Santa Fe Springs with some of the same people after Ron retired & sold it, but I think they've still got some of Ron's staff there, & he too may still come in some. Long time Type IV shop who taught our buddy from MassIVe in Cleveland GA (who has moved on to 996/886 mostly).

https://fatperformance-rimco.com/collection...iv-motor-builds

I don't know if anyone is still doing the 2054 builds anymore - maybe Mark at Original Customs, but he's back east in MI? now.

They'd be OC close, & worth a call to see what they cn do with your 1.8 to upbuild it.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
poorsche914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 1 2020, 10:52 PM) *
... our buddy from MassIVe in Cleveland GA (who has moved on to 996/886 mostly).

Jake still builds T4 engines. 2270 is $20K+ with a waiting period currently over a year (last I heard). Check it out at Raby's Aircooled Technology
I have one of the last 2056 builds he did... great engine!

driving.gif
Tdskip
Ken - there are some excellent discussion on this available via search and/or posting in the Garage section.

I’d strongly encourage you to read up so the process goes smoothly and out get what you want.

Don be shy.
Coondog
Drop it off at Fat.
FYI....Let the engine builder you chose put the parts list together and make the purchase.
They get discounts from there vendors, they won’t Guarantee your engine if you bring them a box of off the shelve parts.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but isn’t the 1.8 the least desirable engine to punch out. I think that’s what Fat told me 5 years ago.
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Coondog @ Aug 2 2020, 12:00 PM) *

Someone correct me if I am wrong but isn’t the 1.8 the least desirable engine to punch out. I think that’s what Fat told me 5 years ago.

if your doing the cheapest upgrade the 1.8 heads flow more than the 1.7 if doing a 1911.

if your rebuilding above that you will want 2ltr heads, and crank and rods at a minimum. So 1.8 1.7 both only good for there case.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.