Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 914-6 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
BK911
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-car...ml#post10970532

Looks like the same car that sold here at least 4 times over the past couple years.

]
digit3
QUOTE(BK911 @ Aug 2 2020, 05:24 AM) *

Looks like the same car that sold here at least 4 times over the past couple years.

]

What's the story with it?
pete000
Nice 12 grand chrome bumper upgrade !
Cairo94507
Little disappointed in the condition of the car in the pictures. There is a loose nut visible on the engine picture and the engine has oil/grime all over it.
billh1963
QUOTE(mtndawg @ Aug 2 2020, 11:09 AM) *

Yep...same car.

Price keeps going up every time it's flipped!
billh1963
QUOTE(digit3 @ Aug 2 2020, 10:16 AM) *

QUOTE(BK911 @ Aug 2 2020, 05:24 AM) *

]

What's the story with it?

None that I know. Really is a nice running and driving car. It just needs to find a 'forever" home...lol
rhodyguy
Gulp.
BK911
Its baaaaaack!! (I think)

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-car...-6-tribute.html
Root_Werks
I fee bad for this 914 and don't think it's a bad car, but needs to find a good home.
2mAn
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Aug 30 2021, 08:31 AM) *

I fee bad for this 914 and don't think it's a bad car, but needs to find a good home.

I agree and the flippers always seem to beat me to it. Its out of my price range now and I already have a different toy... shame. I would've loved this one. I love the combo
Root_Werks
QUOTE(2mAn @ Aug 30 2021, 08:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Aug 30 2021, 08:31 AM) *

I agree and the flippers always seem to beat me to it. Its out of my price range now and I already have a different toy... shame. I would've loved this one. I love the combo

Yup, almost bought this 914. Now I have a 914-6 conversion and am deep into it $$$. Can't get another one.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det....php?id=2493586

BK911
I bought it from canadia for $14k with a real 2.2S engine in it.
Cairo94507
Then you got a good deal. Congratulations. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Then you got a good deal as that is about $11K US dollars. Congratulations. beerchug.gif
gereed75
I was on my way to the computer to get the phone number from the World classifieds to call to look at this green car out of Canada back in about 2015?? When I logged on to get the phone number, an add for this car popped up.

Click to view attachment

As luck would have it, I was the first to respond and bought it a week later.

So the well traveled Irish green conversion car kinda has a special place in my current 914's story.
BK911
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 30 2021, 04:16 PM) *

Then you got a good deal as that is about $11K US dollars. Congratulations. beerchug.gif

$14k USD.
It sat in classifieds for weeks before I pulled the trigger.
Only bought it for the S engine.
gereed75
Just curious, was the engine solid?
BK911
Yes
BK911
Oops, thought you said sold.
Yes engine ran very well.
gereed75
Yea that was a great deal back then at that number. Always wondered why that car languished so long in the classifieds.

Always thought it had a nice "look" with that color combo, stance, equipment and the Fuchs and all. And a lot of appeal as a "driver". A bit less appeal at $38,000 than at $14,000! but still a very nice car.
Eric_Shea
You simply can’t build this car (even in your garage) for that kinda money.

Why the negative vibe. Our cars are going up in value and it would probably take $50-60k to build it.

Is this a “For Sale” ad here or is this just meant to pan on the seller? Who’s the guy who bought it at $14k and what did he sell it for?

Buy a solid chassis (or weld it up yourself)
Buy a six.
Buy all the conversion parts
Buy deep Fuchs
Paint job?

Report back.

In the mean time... this is where you post “your” cars and rollers for sale. If this isn’t “your” car, don’t post it here.

I still say it’s a bargain. wink.gif
914lover17
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 6 2021, 02:38 PM) *

You simply can’t build this car (even in your garage) for that kinda money.

Why the negative vibe. Our cars are going up in value and it would probably take $50-60k to build it.

Is this a “For Sale” ad here or is this just meant to pan on the seller? Who’s the guy who bought it at $14k and what did he sell it for?

Buy a solid chassis (or weld it up yourself)
Buy a six.
Buy all the conversion parts
Buy deep Fuchs
Paint job?

Report back.

In the mean time... this is where you post “your” cars and rollers for sale. If this isn’t “your” car, don’t post it here.

I still say it’s a bargain. wink.gif

just got a rough 30k+ rough estimate on body work for my 4, labour vs. values are crazy in my uneducated opinion. I'm not too worried because I can go with a replacement chassis still, but they are running out and it'll be interesting to see where the values of these cars go when there isn't any left. Would be cool to see values explode further and everyone get's rewarded for all the work they put in their cars!

Paints what? around 10k?

I'm no expert, but I think putting together a 6 for under 40 would be quite an accomplishment if you had to start now?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.