Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First and Reverse crunch when hot
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
I’ve got a gt replica with an original 6 engine and transmission ,when I first get her out of the garage first and reverse go into to gear easy enough but once she’s been driven a while and warms up the only way it will go into these gears is by crunching them ,I have a short shifter fitted and all the other gears are okay ,any one have any ideas
Thanks B
PanelBilly
I put it in neutral and let the clutch out, then into gear. Seams to work better then
ctc911ctc
From my very recent experience I would look at, in this order:

1. Clutch disengagement adjustment - since going into Reverse is very different than 1st, could be the engine is still spinning the gears when you have the shifter in neutral and the clutch depressed.

2. Sync Rings for First - though this will explain first, it does not (to me anyway) make sense for reverse.

How many miles on the tranny? has it always done this? just started? what changed, etc......

QUOTE(cal914 @ Aug 3 2020, 02:21 PM) *

I’ve got a gt replica with an original 6 engine and transmission ,when I first get her out of the garage first and reverse go into to gear easy enough but once she’s been driven a while and warms up the only way it will go into these gears is by crunching them ,I have a short shifter fitted and all the other gears are okay ,any one have any ideas
Thanks B

porschetub
Could have the wrong oil in the gearbox,it gets warm and thins out too much,worth checking.
roblav1
QUOTE(porschetub @ Aug 3 2020, 05:19 PM) *

Could have the wrong oil in the gearbox,it gets warm and thins out too much,worth checking.

This sounds the most relevant.
thelogo
QUOTE(cal914 @ Aug 3 2020, 01:21 PM) *

Thanks B

Hold up guys

Are you sure its not clutch cable adjustment
Heats up and stretches so doesnt travel enough to let gear enguage. With out grind .

Happened to me but on a /4 not /6
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.