Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauge MPH to KPH conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hoghead
I need to change my 120 MPH speedo to KPH. I can find translucent overlay stickers, but the Fleabay Vendor is disuading me as he claims that the light will ghost through at night.
I am not so sure that he is correct as these are not backlit - comments?

A secondary problem is that the overlay is white, and I would really prefer the stock matt black

Anyone know where to buy a 200 KPH gauge face?

While I am at it and the gauges are out of the car, an LED conversion would be nice. I cannot find the little bulbs
BPic
Superbrightled has the bulbs. I have them and they work great. Be sure not to use LED in the alternator light.
Hoghead
QUOTE(BPic @ Aug 4 2020, 05:17 PM) *

Superbrightled has the bulbs. I have them and they work great. Be sure not to use LED in the alternator light.

Looks like discontuined, but now that I know they are BA7's I bought then on Fleabay
Thanks
914Sixer
Go to Ebay.de, couple of sellers have conversion decals.
ClayPerrine
You can just buy a speedometer that is in KPH. They were used in Europe on the 914 and the early 911.

The 914 part number is : 914 641 504 10 for 73 and older,

and 914 641 504 30 for 74 and up.

Clay
Hoghead
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 4 2020, 07:46 PM) *

Go to Ebay.de, couple of sellers have conversion decals.

Which prompted my question in the OP:

I can find translucent overlay stickers, but the Fleabay Vendor is disuading me as he claims that the light will ghost through at night.
914forme
If it is applied to the original disc as an overlay it is a metal plate. Unless your lights are high powered lasers then I really doubt you will have a problem.

Hoghead
QUOTE(914forme @ Aug 4 2020, 10:55 PM) *

If it is applied to the original disc as an overlay it is a metal plate. Unless your lights are high powered lasers then I really doubt you will have a problem.

My thought too and I am going to buy the overlays and give it a try
Retroracer
@hogshead - this looks like an option:

https://www.heiler-tachodesign.de/Speedomet...elow-Mph-to-Kmh

Click to view attachment

Pricey, but my experience with the company / products is that they are really high quality. Sticker or solid options, designed for US speedo scaling. No affiliation, but FYI.

- Tony
jeffdon
QUOTE(Hoghead @ Aug 4 2020, 03:09 AM) *

I need to change my 120 MPH speedo to KPH. I can find translucent overlay stickers, but the Fleabay Vendor is disuading me as he claims that the light will ghost through at night.

A secondary problem is that the overlay is white, and I would really prefer the stock matt black

Anyone know where to buy a 200 KPH gauge face?

While I am at it and the gauges are out of the car, an LED conversion would be nice. I cannot find the little bulbs

Your in Chang Mai? A buddy of mine picked up and move his family there 5 years ago. Loves it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.