Full Version: Which Paint color and floor mats colors for 1975 76 mode lyear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Villemi
I've baught recently a 2.0 Porsche 914.
My car is an amarican one and the papers are 76/01/01
Is it a 75 or 76 model year I don't know
The paint color seems to be sun yellow.
The seats have a beige leatherette.
which is the color of the floor mats? Code?

Click to view attachment
drem914
QUOTE(Villemi @ Aug 5 2020, 10:16 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Car color code is noted on the ID plate at the driver door front door jamb between the hinges.
Villemi
[quote name='drem914' date='Aug 5 2020, 02:57 PM' post='2840103']
[quote name='Villemi' post='2840074' date='Aug 5 2020, 10:16 AM']

Click to view attachment
[/quote]
Car color code is noted on the ID plate at the driver door front door jamb between the hinges.

And the color of the floor mats?
davep
The seats appear to be code 56 = leatherette Yellowstone
To know the year we need to know the VIN.
Also, get the data on the paint code plate. Otherwise we are just guessing.
DRPHIL914
if build date is Jan 01 1976 its a '76, all '76 cars had 2.0 and appearance group like you have with the center console etc.

nice color combonation!
DRPHIL914
also a COA/PPS from Porsche could verify the color of interior and exterior and option package for you. , but they make mistakes, i got mine and it says "black leather" interior and code on the spec sheet is a 911 code, not 914, and my car came to me with original tan interior so i know it was wrong and the 914 never had leather interior , not in 75 or 76. I have the original window sticker and sales receipt so maybe if you have any of these documents will help.
Jim C
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 29 2020, 10:36 AM) *

if build date is Jan 01 1976 its a '76, all '76 cars had 2.0 and appearance group like you have with the center console etc.

nice color combonation!

Are we sure ALL 76's had the console? Mine doesn't and there is no evidence that I can find that it ever had one (looks like original carpet but mounting holes etc. are not evident). The optional equipment listed on the PPS are US equipment, tinted side glass, seat cushions. Is US equipment the appearance group? I guess it could have been removed; the combo gauge is an incorrect early silver dot.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Jim C @ Sep 29 2020, 02:00 PM) *

nice color combonation!

Are we sure ALL 76's had the console? Mine doesn't and there is no evidence that I can find that it ever had one (looks like original carpet but mounting holes etc. are not evident). The optional equipment listed on the PPS are US equipment, tinted side glass, seat cushions. Is US equipment the appearance group? I guess it could have been removed; the combo gauge is an incorrect early silver dot.

well i don’t know that they all did, i should say ive heard they all did.
my 75 had the whole package but when i got it there was no center console and front bumper didn’t have fog lights in or cut out and yet it’s on the original sales receipt and window sticker, so someone, one of the previous 4 owners at some point scavenged those out for another car and swapped . if not for the paperwork i would have never know, although it is also listed in the COA. i would imagine your car could have been ordered with or without those parts- someone with more historical knowledge will chime in.
dcheek
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 29 2020, 10:22 AM) *

QUOTE(Jim C @ Sep 29 2020, 02:00 PM) *

nice color combonation!

well i don’t know that they all did, i should say ive heard they all did.
my 75 had the whole package but when i got it there was no center console and front bumper didn’t have fog lights in or cut out and yet it’s on the original sales receipt and window sticker, so someone, one of the previous 4 owners at some point scavenged those out for another car and swapped . if not for the paperwork i would have never know, although it is also listed in the COA. i would imagine your car could have been ordered with or without those parts- someone with more historical knowledge will chime in.

I was told somewhere along the line that since the '76 model year was the last, the factory "loaded" all the cars to use up all the parts. That would make sense that every one I've seen is indeed loaded with every option.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.