Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: She cuts out when temp is hot
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jdijoe
Hello looking for advice...74 2.0, today was hot up here and I took her for an afternoon drive for maybe 6 miles...when I got there the temp gauge was about 3/4 to the red and she died...tried start up and she turned over but it was like no gas was getting through...pushed her out of the intersection and waited about 1/2 hour or so...once gauge was at 1/4 she started right up as usual and again..drove home and she died about a block from home...again waited and she stared right up...any suggestions thanks
bd1308
vapor lock...next time try turning the key on-off-on-off-on-off for several times to cycle some gas thru the pump...

try CHT too....
elwood-914
I have the same problem.I live in the Sacramento Valley area, 103 tomorrow. What I have done is take off the plastic cover off the fuel pump relay and have manually depressed the relay, you can hear the fuel pump pump air and then it will pump the fuel and you can hear the difference, then it starts up fine.But the real fix is to relocate the fuel pump, which I hope to do very soon.
bd1308
if you look at the relay board...make a jumper (or i can send you mine) and ground out the....bottom left pin (dont quote me, i'll look tomorrow)....when you turn key on, fuel pump will run continually. Good for vapor lock problem and worked for me.
nebreitling
if you experience vapor lock, put your foot to the floor and crank until it catches (which might be a while). yes, you'll get a nice poof of richness when it starts but this clears the lines of vapor.
redshift
20 second intervals!

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.