Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: S caliper corrosion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
I have a caliper that has some corrosion. I can send to PMB but before I do looking for options to save it myself. The issue is the corrosion is causing the seal to leak. Thoughts?Click to view attachment
davep
Pretty much every S caliper has some degree of corrosion. However, the seal is between the Rubber ring and the Piston. The state of the bore is of less consequence. Now the pistons generally will corrode badly, so what do they look like? Almost every S caliper needs new pistons, and of course the seal kit. Re-anodizing the calipers does help a lot.
mb911
QUOTE(davep @ Aug 5 2020, 01:31 PM) *

Pretty much every S caliper has some degree of corrosion. However, the seal is between the Rubber ring and the Piston. The state of the bore is of less consequence. Now the pistons generally will corrode badly, so what do they look like? Almost every S caliper needs new pistons, and of course the seal kit. Re-anodizing the calipers does help a lot.

I have new pistons installed from PMB and the seal kits as well.. It leaked.. I did scrape some corrosion out and maybe that will help.
davep
That IS rather an odd situation Ben. I suppose if the groove is crappy then fluid could escape behind the O-ring. I always ensure the O-ring groove is perfectly clean before installing the rings. Please keep me posted.
Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.