Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.4 D-jet!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
christian977
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IWpySOV7AE

just thought some might be interested in this?? What are your thoughts??
BeatNavy
QUOTE(christian977 @ Aug 5 2020, 06:37 PM) *

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IWpySOV7AE

just thought some might be interested in this?? What are your thoughts??

Nice. I wonder how WELL it works and what was done to make it work. Surely the MPS was tuned, but there's a limit to how far that will get you.
Bleyseng
Should work fine especially if the heads were worked over too piratenanner.gif
christian977
Does anyone on the forum have more details on this?? Are there any German memebers who might be able to spread some light on how this was achieved, and how well it actually runs??
Thanks.
icon_bump.gif
BeatNavy
QUOTE(christian977 @ Aug 6 2020, 06:39 AM) *

Does anyone on the forum have more details on this?? Are there any German memebers who might be able to spread some light on how this was achieved, and how well it actually runs??
Thanks.
icon_bump.gif

This may be another job for @Nordfisch !

He checks in here periodically and can probably help. Or you can send him a PM.

Bonne journée smile.gif
saigon71
Subscribed...
Mark Henry
Dieser Motor entspricht nicht der Serie. Er wurde im Rumpf von ORRATECH motorenbau gebaut und hat mit seinen AA Performance Sportkolben und -zylindern 2400 ccm. Aufgebaut wurde er mit einer 123 Ignition, Spezialstößeln, verstärkten Federn, vergrößerten Ventilen, einer Verdichtung von 9,2:1 und einer dezenten Webcam Sportnockenwelle.

Der Motor läuft dennoch mit einer serienmässigen D-Jetronic Gemischaufbereitung! Lediglich die Einspritzventile wurden getauscht gegen 330 ccm Durchfluß (original 2,0: 318 ccm), eine stärkere Pierburg Pumpe wurde verbaut, und der Benzindruck wurde danach auf rund 2,1 bar erhöht.

Im Video ist die Zündung auf 30° vOT eingestellt und abgeblitzt. Dies beugt höheren Zemperaturen am Zylinderkopf vor. Im ausgeschalteten Zustand wurde der OT auf Zyl. 1 zuvor per LED justiert, und der Drosselklappenschalter wurde sauber in Neutralstellung gebracht.

Der Motor läuft nun absolut gleichmässig und rund! Eine Probefahrt ergab bereits einen deutlich verstärkten Vorwärtsdrang ;-) Eine Leistungsprüfung ist bereits angedacht und wird dann uaf unserem Kanal vorgestellt.

Die Motoreinstellung erfolgte durch die 914 Boxergarage, Karlsbad, Deutschland.

Google translation but I think it loses a bit in translation, maybe Sir Andy can clean this up.

This engine is not part of the series. It was built in the fuselage by ORRATECH motorenbau and has 2400 ccm with its AA Performance sports pistons and cylinders. It was built with a 123 Ignition, special tappets, reinforced springs, enlarged valves, a compression of 9.2: 1 and a discreet webcam sports camshaft.

The engine still runs with a standard D-Jetronic mixture preparation! Only the injection valves were exchanged for a flow of 330 ccm (original 2.0: 318 ccm), a stronger Pierburg pump was installed, and the gas pressure was then increased to around 2.1 bar.

In the video, the ignition is set to 30 ° VOT and flashed. This prevents higher temperatures at the cylinder head. When switched off, the TDC was on cyl. 1 previously adjusted by LED, and the throttle valve switch was brought into neutral position.

The motor now runs absolutely smoothly and smoothly! A test drive already showed a significantly increased drive forwards ;-) A performance test has already been considered and will then be presented to our channel.

The engine was adjusted by the 914 Boxergarage, Karlsbad, Germany.

christian977
Thanks! I should have done the Google Translate myself sunglasses.gif

Interesting...
Jamie
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 6 2020, 04:32 AM) *

Dieser Motor entspricht nicht der Serie. Er wurde im Rumpf von ORRATECH motorenbau gebaut und hat mit seinen AA Performance Sportkolben und -zylindern 2400 ccm. Aufgebaut wurde er mit einer 123 Ignition, Spezialstößeln, verstärkten Federn, vergrößerten Ventilen, einer Verdichtung von 9,2:1 und einer dezenten Webcam Sportnockenwelle.

Der Motor läuft dennoch mit einer serienmässigen D-Jetronic Gemischaufbereitung! Lediglich die Einspritzventile wurden getauscht gegen 330 ccm Durchfluß (original 2,0: 318 ccm), eine stärkere Pierburg Pumpe wurde verbaut, und der Benzindruck wurde danach auf rund 2,1 bar erhöht.

Im Video ist die Zündung auf 30° vOT eingestellt und abgeblitzt. Dies beugt höheren Zemperaturen am Zylinderkopf vor. Im ausgeschalteten Zustand wurde der OT auf Zyl. 1 zuvor per LED justiert, und der Drosselklappenschalter wurde sauber in Neutralstellung gebracht.

Der Motor läuft nun absolut gleichmässig und rund! Eine Probefahrt ergab bereits einen deutlich verstärkten Vorwärtsdrang ;-) Eine Leistungsprüfung ist bereits angedacht und wird dann uaf unserem Kanal vorgestellt.

Die Motoreinstellung erfolgte durch die 914 Boxergarage, Karlsbad, Deutschland.

Google translation but I think it loses a bit in translation, maybe Sir Andy can clean this up.

This engine is not part of the series. It was built in the fuselage by ORRATECH motorenbau and has 2400 ccm with its AA Performance sports pistons and cylinders. It was built with a 123 Ignition, special tappets, reinforced springs, enlarged valves, a compression of 9.2: 1 and a discreet webcam sports camshaft.

The engine still runs with a standard D-Jetronic mixture preparation! Only the injection valves were exchanged for a flow of 330 ccm (original 2.0: 318 ccm), a stronger Pierburg pump was installed, and the gas pressure was then increased to around 2.1 bar.

In the video, the ignition is set to 30 ° VOT and flashed. This prevents higher temperatures at the cylinder head. When switched off, the TDC was on cyl. 1 previously adjusted by LED, and the throttle valve switch was brought into neutral position.

The motor now runs absolutely smoothly and smoothly! A test drive already showed a significantly increased drive forwards ;-) A performance test has already been considered and will then be presented to our channel.

The engine was adjusted by the 914 Boxergarage, Karlsbad, Germany.

That is certainly a healthy sounding engine, with good sounding exhaust!
JamesM
QUOTE(christian977 @ Aug 5 2020, 02:37 PM) *

What are your thoughts??

Waste of time/money.

If you are going to build a 2.4 you might as well get the most out of it with a good cam, something you cant do with d-jet.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(JamesM @ Aug 6 2020, 10:31 AM) *

What are your thoughts??

Waste of time/money.

If you are going to build a 2.4 you might as well get the most out of it with a good cam, something you cant do with d-jet.

agree.gif 2.4 equals about 160HP, no way can you get that with Djet. Also with a stock intake that engine must run out of breath at around 5400rpm.
rhodyguy
I don't think stock HEs will support that displacement. Prob headers and a trick muffler. Bring money. Lots of it. Dave Hunt found the stock Djet components unsuitable for even a 2270.
Frank S
I was following that in the German forum and don't really get it. This engine was build by an engine builder, but they don't publish any other than CC and CR specs. So any comment would be speculation. They also report that the MPS was not adjusted...
Can D-Jet handle a 2.4? Sure it can if you stick with a mild cam, but I do agree that it will add many restrictions to the engine spec.

But looks like he is happy with the engine and as long this is the case it's fine. All about personal preferences...
Frank S
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 6 2020, 07:05 PM) *

QUOTE(JamesM @ Aug 6 2020, 10:31 AM) *

What are your thoughts??

Waste of time/money.

agree.gif 2.4 equals about 160HP, no way can you get that with Djet. Also with a stock intake that engine must run out of breath at around 5400rpm.

agree.gif
Bleyseng
Well, its in Germany where all 2.0L's ran the 73 setup with the 037 MPS which is setup richer than say the 74 043 MPS. Could be done but yes the intake at 5500 rpms is kinda of limiting based on test by Jake
nordfisch
Hi,
I think there is an error in the description of the modifications they made.

Correct - the original 'green' injectors have a flow rate of 318ccm/min.

Erratic: Replaced by 330ccm/min injectors.

Yes, there are D-Jet-injectors with a higher flow rate: The blue ones have a flow rate of 380ccm/min.

This means an improvement by about 20% - as much as the engine capacity was improved.
--------------------------------------------------

The blue injectors were used in all Volvo D-Jet-cars, the Mercedes 2,8l and 4,5l , all BMW and some others. Blue ones are not as rare as the yellow 265ccm/min and the green 318ccm/min, available 'NOS' more often than the other types.

Regards
Norbert
Frank S
Hello Norbert,

correct, but he doesn't use the original injectors. So speculation again...
He is using the injectors from Mittelmotor and they look like a Standard Motor Products injectors. But they do not publish any flow rates, I think for commercial reasons...

Best Regards,
Frank

QUOTE(nordfisch @ Aug 27 2020, 11:02 PM) *

Hi,
I think there is an error in the description of the modifications they made.

Correct - the original 'green' injectors have a flow rate of 318ccm/min.

Erratic: Replaced by 330ccm/min injectors.

Yes, there are D-Jet-injectors with a higher flow rate: The blue ones have a flow rate of 380ccm/min.

This means an improvement by about 20% - as much as the engine capacity was improved.
--------------------------------------------------

The blue injectors were used in all Volvo D-Jet-cars, the Mercedes 2,8l and 4,5l , all BMW and some others. Blue ones are not as rare as the yellow 265ccm/min and the green 318ccm/min, available 'NOS' more often than the other types.

Regards
Norbert

Tdskip
Putting aside the consideration that if the person had fun doing it and tackling the engineer ring that makes it worth it right there...

Even if you’re leaving ultimate horsepower on the table with this set up make for a nice well behaved in torque rich engine?
Jake Raby
I played with this in my early days. In fact, trying to make this work is when I developed the 9550 camshaft.

I was able to make it work, but the compromises are huge. The combination means everything..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.