Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Powerless
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
On Monday a category 1 hurricane hit the South Carolina coast. You might have seen it on the news. What was left reached CT tuesday afternoon. High winds across the state knocked down trees and branches and near 50% of Connecticut lost power. Since then I’ve been 3 days without electricity at my shop and at home, and a crappy cell phone signal at my house. Can’t work, can’t relax. All I can do is keep adding gas to the generator so my freezer doesn’t thaw, and go up to the town hall occasionally to fill water containers at the faucet they have out back.
If you’re waiting for a delivery or response to an inquiry or order I should be back up and running by Monday.
rmital
smilie_pokal.gif
good luck, we some how avoided real damage here in Northern NJ.
still plenty of trees and branches down all over.
but electric stayed on.....
GregAmy
Call me if you get low on beer, I'll bring a Stubborn Beauty rescue delivery.
Krieger
Hang in there Chris!
mepstein
We had a couple tornadoes touch down in Delaware. Dozens lost their homes and hundreds lost their roofs, effectively trashing their houses. Many are still without power here. Glad you guys came out ok but I appreciate that not having power is a pita.
Porschef
That sux Chris,and we’re in the same boat...forecast was backwards; lots of wind with very little rain. Lines down everywhere, power return estimates are anywhere from this weekend (highly unlikely) to Sept 3rd (wtf) ...

VaccaRabite
We got lucky as the storm passed through. Several tornadoes just south of us. Big wind to the East, and the North got slammed. Somehow my area threaded the needle and we just got 12 hours of soaking rain but no big wind or other destructive forces.

Zach
mepstein
The bottom of our drive and small creek that sits 5 feet below the driveway. The whole area is a pretty steep hill so it was fast moving water. Taken by our neighbor across the street.
ClayPerrine
Tornado's suck, both literally and figuratively. Living in the southern part of tornado alley means we have experience, and we can sympathize.

I am glad everyone is OK. Hang in there Chris. Everyone here is rooting for you.

Clay
rhodyguy
Nice to be on the high ground. beerchug.gif I take it there's dwellings behind the brown and white mailboxes?
bretth
Wow I didn't realize it got that bad up there this week. I have to make some contacts and see how everyone is. Hope everyone pulls through up there.
BeatNavy
By the time it hit us on the MD Eastern Shore lower VA and NC had taken a lot of the starch out of it. But the eye did pass directly over us. Not us much wind as I was fearing, but it came after 6 inches of rain. Several big trees on neighbors' property just gave way -- the root ball got all soaked in the ground and then the wind pushed it over. Luckily no loss of life or property.

My chainsaw got a workout that afternoon helping the neighbors clear their driveway and generally cleaning up the detritus all over the year.

Take up Greg on his offer, Chris. Sounds like a winner to me beer.gif
jd74914
Any luck with power yet? We’re back now. Let me know if you need anything...certainly a close enough ride!
mepstein
We just had a storm with as much, if not more rain and wind as the hurricane earlier in the week. Massive flooding, again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.