Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Ride Stuck in First Gear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
R_u_dd
This is the maiden voyage around the 100 foot track in the backyard. Unfortunately I've got something wrong with the clutch or transmission. This is a Subaru conversion with 2.5 litre SOHC engine and Subaru 5MT transmission (push style). The issue is that I can't shift while the engine is running.

- The transmission shifts through all the gears while the engine is off, but will not shift while it's running.
-The clutch throw seems to be sufficient. I've got a 3/4" Wilwood Master cylinder and the stock 3/4" slave on the transmission.
-The clutch seems to be engaging properly because I can start the car in 1st, 2nd, or third and move the car forward, engaging the clutch slowly to drive the car forward.
-Notice when I put the clutch in to slow down around the corners in the video that it makes a rattling sound like the clutch fins hitting something.\
-After this video, the clutch fluid leaked out do to the push rod being over extended, but that's probably not really the main problem.
-The problem seems to be a stuck main bearing, issues with the throw out bearing, or the locker in back of the transmission that us used to convert the four wheel drive system to front wheel drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMkpS7SimBg

I am stuck and need some help if anyone has ideas.

Thanks,

Cr
R_u_dd
Bump... Crickets ... Bump for another round of views...
ctc911ctc
You may have lost us at: Subaru 5MT transmission.

Most of us here are 901 guys.

However, I would start with the easy stuff or linkage. Hard to imagine not being able to pull out of First unless there is a physical block to the linkage.......... 2cents......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.