Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CT Peeps: 914 Parts Garage Cleanout! - CLAIMED!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
GregAmy
I've got a bunch of 914 parts that are taking up a slot in my modest garage, and I need to clean it out. These all came as part of an autocross car we bought a couple months ago; the couple had hoarded parts for, literally, decades. We had to take it all.

Here's a link to photos; someone PM me if this does not work:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cdo84f5r9dsw9rv/...bMi580_PFa?dl=0

- A pair of Italian Weber 40 carbs with manifolds and some linkage pieces; condition unknown.
- A pair of Dellorto DRLA45s, condition unknown; includes extra chokes
- Porsche 944 "cookie cutter" wheels
- Early 911 suspension and brakes
- 4 brake calipers, possibly from that same 911
- Early 911 shifter, Welstmeister, and e-brake handle, with switches. I know the numbers on the Welmeister show it's for a 911, and I *presume* this shifter and Weltmeister go together, but I don't know that for sure.
- A "thunderbird" muffler and collector, new/unused. I don't know what this is for, but I do know that a 3-bolt trapezoidal gasket for the the flange that bolts to the stock heat exchangers on my 2L does *NOT* match this flange; this flange is smaller than my gasket.
- Container of brake pads, I presume they're 914.
- A generic foglight setup, with relay.
- A 2-tone air horn
- A generic box of electric stuff
- Two Pair of 914 headlight assemblies
- Some loose gauges, as well as a complete Silver Dot dash panel with gauges
- Various J-tubes, heat shields, and heater flappers
- Two different front under-covers where the fuel pump goes
- Some door glass; the early ones are missing a bracket
- Several pieces of chrome trim and foglight grills
- A defrost panel with cables; early I'm guessing
- A windshield wiper motor assembly; also have wiper arms (not pictured)
- A bunch of torsion bars, presumed stock
- I also still have an early dash assembly with a single crack in it, and some door panels pieces.

Here's where I am going to sound like an old cranky f**k (I'm really not): I'm not Fred Sanford; I'm not a parts dealer. I don't want to be a parts dealer. I want all this stuff to go away ASAP and make a little cash to recover some funds for the race car we bought (it needs work). To make matters worse, it's very hot outside and I'm feeling very lazy.

As such, I'm not interested in selling a piece of chrome; I want to put all the chrome in a single big box and you pay the shipping costs and give me some cash to make it worth the effort. I don't want to sell a piece from the Weber carb, I want to box up both carbs, and manifolds, and linkage bits into one big box you pay the shipping costs and give me some cash to make it worth the effort. Same goes for all the other parts.

Optimally, one of you lives within driving distance of Middletown CT and has a pickup truck, and you're bored today and you want to drive to my house and load everything in the back of your pickup and give me a reasonable amount of cash for everything.

Some of this stuff has some value; the carbs, for example. I could separate those for shipping separately. I'm not really interested in the rest. But I've been into old cars long enough to know that this stuff has some value to someone (hell, I just shipped a seat foam cushion for a 1983 Rabbit GTI to a buddy in Florida and he was glad to have it!) I don't need the parts nor do I want to store them (I don't have the space, I need my garage slot back).

So, here's your opportunity to take advantage of my laziness. Offer me a reasonable number, and come take it all. Then you can be Fred Sanford. smile.gif

PM me with an offer ("what do you want for...?" will likely go unanswered) and let me know when you'd like to drive over.

Greg
grega at pobox com
Superhawk996
Click to view attachment
GregAmy
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Aug 9 2020, 11:10 AM) *

smile.gif

beerchug.gif
GregAmy
Hello, all, it appears we have a winner; all parts have been claimed. Deal should be closed next weekend.

And for any of you that sent me an email about specific parts, I have passed your requests over the to claimer...

Thanks! - Greg
larryM

well done & well said!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.