Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 Ignition Switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ghia1974
Being a newbie, I am confused on ignition switches. My switch has failed, I have to hold the key in the start position to keep the car running. I am not sure what type of switch fits my 73 or where to purchase one. They don't seem to be the same for all years and I'm not sure what the differences are. Is there a VW Type 1, 2 or 3 replacement that will work?
bbrock
Sounds like you just need the electrical part which is the same for all years (part# 111 905 865 K). The consensus seems to be it is worth paying the extra $ for a genuine Porsche switch.
dlee6204
agree.gif

I tried several aftermarket switches with limited success. I strongly suggest the Porsche version. $41 from pelican

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/1119...1-905-865-K-OEM
ghia1974
Thank you, I'll be sure to use the OEM switch. Switch replacement looks to be relatively straightforward.
Sprout
agree.gif I wasted time and money on a cheaper one, then ordered one from local Porsche dealer parts dept. Was same price or even slightly less than online, and have had no more problems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.