Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OFFICIAL COTM Poll 8/11/2020
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
Congratulations to Saigon71!

POLL CLOSED!

Its time for another COTM!

Each contestant will be encouraged to post one picture as well as a description of your car. I will put that in the top post for the members to vote. If no information or picture is provided I will put their name and find a picture of their car.

Each contestant is then encouraged to post as much as they want within this thread to support their car, or they may link to their own threads.

Voters... Remember this is not a popularity contest, this is about which car is your favorite build, which means the most to you, which you find the most impressive, or which you simply like the most.

The winner will then be required to provide 3 pictures of their car that will be used on the home page and a 25 word description of their car, and their car will be on display on the home page until the next car is appointed! This is due by one week after poll closes to avoid delays and allow Andy enough time to edit the home page for the next month.

Steve's Blue 3.2 GT Conversion
IPB Image

Defianty's Silver GT Conversion
IPB Image

Eric9144's Silver GT Conversion
IPB Image

Saigon71's 74 2056 narrow body
IPB Image
eric9144
Here's some more of my car and some detail:
74 conversion car, Spoke works LED's, 914rubber everywhere, chassis stiffened, trailing arms reinforced, caged and tubed out to all suspension points.

'97 Big Valve VarioRam engine, with back dated DME injection system to '95 for fitment. The 3.6L was torn down, heads blueprinted, crank polished & fitted with Pauter CM rods, MAHLE Motorsport 3.8L Pistons and Cylinders, RS sport cams, RS solid rocker kit, etc.,

915 transmission with LSD, WEVO, Patrick Motorsports mono-ball bearing cartridge linkage kit

993TT brakes, bilstien coil overs, getty dash, recaro pole position seats, schroth 6 point belts, 14gal fuel cell, McIntosh stereo system

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Steve
Check out my BLOG in my signature for more pictures and history on my car.
I first bought the car in 1987 and converted it to a six with over the counter parts from Porsche and MSDS. All work done by me in my garage with a 911 and 914 Haynes Manual, except for welding and body work.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Bump,

Gotta keep it on the first page.
saigon71
Some added details & pics for the Zambezi narrow body:

A barn find in 2009 quickly took on a life of its own and became a four year restoration in a one car garage.

Click to view attachment

The full story on the resto is here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...1%20%20progress

The car is mostly stock and still sports the original carpeting. A few upgrades include a 2056 D-Jet engine, modern radio/MP3 player and bigger speakers, powder coated Mahle wheels, stainless steel fuel lines and fuel pump relocation up front.

Since 2013 it has served as my daily driver 9 months out of the year (it gets parked for the winter) and brings a smile to my face every time I get behind the wheel.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
eric9144
icon_bump.gif
Little bit of sights and sounds, not a fancy vid and not going all out driving.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaHIDPIcLYA
914 Ranch
Should have put this much effort into my car today. Bumping back to the top.

Click to view attachment

orthobiz
Zambezi rools! (wish I hadn't totaled my 1974 back in 1985)

All are beautiful.

Paul
R1200rider
Here’s my car. 1974 with stock 1995 3.6 save for the Steve Wong chip (weee!). Reinforced frame and trailing arms, Bilstein RSR suspension, Guard LSD, etc, etc. Don’t have many pictures so here’s one that’s a sexy 3/4 angle you might like. Thanks!Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Poll ends at midnight PST get your votes in!!

This is a close one!
Andyrew
Congratulations to Saigon71!

POLL CLOSED!

Please send me your three pictures and description by the end of the week. You can post them here if needed.
Dion
Congrats Bob beerchug.gif
Steve
Congrats!!
smilie_pokal.gif
I am happily surprised there are that many narrow body fans out there!!
I am a fan of both, but it seems all I read about are GT conversions (flairs).
-Steve
Big Len
Well deserved Bob. And I know where you got that first picture from. smile.gif
Ian Stott
Congrats for being chosen! All cars were worthy, the narrow body was my favourite mostly because it was a narrow body and I am very fond of the green.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
saigon71
Thank you 914 World. I am honored.

All four of these cars are beautiful. beerchug.gif

Andrew, I'll get you the pics and write-up to you tomorrow. Can you PM me your email address?

BeatNavy
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Aug 17 2020, 09:42 PM) *

Thank you 914 World. I am honored.

All four of these cars are beautiful. beerchug.gif

Andrew, I'll get you the pics and write-up to you tomorrow. Can you PM me your email address?

Congratulations, Bob! I was honored to drive right behind this great looking car for quite a bit of the East Coast get-together.

aktion035.gif
sb914
Poor @Saigon71 he never got his car on the home page ?
@andyrew Although the car on the homepage looks great I’m tired of looking at it.
Andyrew
I need to remind @SirAndy again.. Its been a few months.
Steve
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jan 25 2021, 08:43 AM) *

I need to remind @SirAndy again.. Its been a few months.

Car of the year!! dry.gif beerchug.gif
sb914
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jan 25 2021, 08:20 AM) *

@andyrew Although the car on the homepage looks great I’m tired of looking at it.

stirthepot.gif poke.gif we’re ready for another car on the home page.
Jett
QUOTE(sb914 @ Nov 14 2021, 07:12 AM) *

QUOTE(sb914 @ Jan 25 2021, 08:20 AM) *

stirthepot.gif poke.gif we’re ready for another car on the home page.

+1 the home page car has not changed in some time… is it time to find a restored stock example smile.gif?
Steve
It’s now car of the decade!!
blink.gif happy11.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Steve @ Nov 14 2021, 09:20 AM) *

It’s now car of the decade!!
blink.gif happy11.gif

Still a long ways til Car of the Millenia! shades.gif stirthepot.gif laugh.gif
speed metal army
The COTM historically speaking has been the car of every few months... But this one has some staying power biggrin.gif
Maybe a regular actual COTM is in order.. How tough could it be?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.