Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warm Start Issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ken Mikos
My 73 914 1.7 With factory FI just doesn’t want to restart after a warm shut down. The motor turns but it just wont start without a lot of coaxing. Any thoughts or suggestions ?

+ Do you think warppinng the fuel lines would help ?
+ Is it vapor lock ?
+ almost seems like the car is Flooded ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Ken
saigon71
QUOTE(Ken Mikos @ Aug 12 2020, 10:57 AM) *

My 73 914 1.7 With factory FI just doesn’t want to restart after a warm shut down. The motor turns but it just wont start without a lot of coaxing. Any thoughts or suggestions ?

+ Do you think warppinng the fuel lines would help ?
+ Is it vapor lock ?
+ almost seems like the car is Flooded ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Ken

Hi Ken:

I don't think wrapping the fuel lines will help.
I do indeed think it is vapor lock.

I battled this problem for years.

The fix is to relocate the fuel pump up front either by using tha Autoatlanta kit or sourcing a mount from the 75-76 model year and installing it under the tank.

Frankvw
well..there is not a lot of info to help analyze. Could also be CHT malfunction and thinks it is cold and gives too much fuel. Could be coil that is on his last legs...etc. More info available ?
carlsol
I agree, good chance it's vapor lock related. I had the same warm start issue with my 73 2.0.
Problem was solved completely by relocating the fuel pump as the prior post notes.
Good luck
Ken Mikos
First off thanks for the replies. The car starts on the first crank when its cold, only after driving (mostly on a hot day) does it not want to run. Will look into relocating the pump. THANKS AGAIN
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.