Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rusty gastank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeroen
Crap!
I found more rust... this time it's on the gas tank
Whadda ya think? Can (or more importantly SHOULD) this be repaired, or should I just put it with my collection of junk metal?

Ofcourse this would be a good excuse to get a fuel cell...

hmmmm....

gimme your opinion / ideas

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
here's a close up...
the little hole couldn't even be seen without removing paint and dirt
brant
Given how serious of a car your building..
I would go the cell route, in the interest of safety..

(I can justify spending a lot of money in the interest of safety)..... plus you can move that weight down.

brant
Brad Roberts
OH.. big debate ahead...lol

Weight down YES. But.... weight forward is NO good. Cockpit passenger side floorboard would be ideal. I can ship you a gas tank Jeroen or you can buy a fuel cell.

Free tank and I will eat the shipping for all your help.

B
Jeroen
Brad, thanks for the offer!
I shouldn't have a problem getting another stock tank though, so no need to ship me one
(shipping a big piece like that will prolly cost more than a NOS tank anyway biggrin.gif)

I've got a growing "shoppinglist" of stuff I can't get here, so I'll add that to the first "pallet" that comes this way wink.gif

I'll prolly take the fuelcell route... that way, I can mount an oiltank where the fueltank was

Finding this rust just turned me down... I was actually looking forward to cleaning and painting the tank. I was finished in 5 minutes mad.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Mueller
I've got a free tank as well (perfect '75 tank), but shipping will be pricey.......I plan on shipping out his new roller bearings and 914 body parts tommorow unless you think we could combine everything for him.

I planned on using the US Postal Service, but I think the tank will be too big to ship with them.

I shipped a small box to his homeland last year....20"x4"x10" (8lbs) cost 23 bucks with the USPS.......UPS quoted me 86 dollars for the same package...ouch
Jeroen
Hey Mike,

Don't worry 'bout the fueltank (thanks though!)

USPS works just as good/fast as UPS and is a lot cheaper, so go that route
If possible, ship as a "gift" (for tax purposes), but only if possible...

cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.