Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AARRGGHHHH
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trevorg7
Ok, beautiful day here in the SF bay area so I drive my car to work and on 280 north at El Monte...Blam, a rock in the windshield. Crack is the size of a quarter and in the middle top near the rear view mirror. Picture is from my phone so my apologies for the quality.

So now I need a windshield for a '72, if that matters. Any leads or suggestions?

Thanks

Trevor
larryp
Good time to replace that rear view mirror with one that replaces the center visor mounts.
markb
Also a good time to replace the rubber seal that goes between the dash & windshield. The only time you can get to it is when the windshield is out.
Trevorg7
larryp - I have not heard of that type of mirror. Do you have a picture and/or a link of where to buy?

Thanks

T
TravisNeff
That can be repaired. Unless that rock chip is in your direct view of the road I would probably fix it vs. replacing it.
larryp
Yes, you can get your mirror (see the "Resources" page) from our very own Dr. Here

I got mine from eBay from another, but it was more money and seemingly identical.

You can, by the way, replace that dash seal with the windshield in place but it is going to take you the better part of an afternoon.
thomasotten
I just recieved my windshield yesterday. $260 plus shipping from AA (took them forever to ship, however). But it looks like a nice one. Solid, light grean tint, not banded. They are not PPG anymore, apparently they can't get them from PPG anymore. Made in Africa. I will be doing the upper dash and the rubber seal the same time. The rubber seal is pricy, if you want OEM.
Jeroen
I'd see if they can just fix it first, before going for a new one
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.