Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS New Item: Seat adjuster brackets and combs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
These are the parts that weld to the interior floor cross member. The passenger side is needed when a fixed seat is replaced with a movable seat. When the cross member is replaced these need to be removed from the old cross member and welded into the new cross member.
I have about a dozen of each side made.
Bracket cost is $20 each for left or right or a pair for $35.
Combs are $12 each, two for $20.
Bundle of two combs and two brackets with hardware $50
Bolts pictured are too long. For illustration only.

@914LTD
@Cary
IronHillRestorations
Excellent! first.gif
Superhawk996
Awesome.

I'll take a pair of the brackets assuming the $35 is shipped, that will save me some fab time down the road.

Pet peeve - dead horse.gif I know fasteners were for illustrative purpose, but, ditch the lockwashers they are literally worthless and serve no locking function whatsoever. Plain washer - biggrin.gif lockwasher sad.gif

I know . . I'm a jackass!

Thanks for making these!

Do you prefer F&F or purcase good for shipping via Paypal?
bdstone914
@Superhawk996

I'll take a pair of the brackets assuming the $35 is shipped, that will save me some fab time down the road.

Pet peeve - dead horse.gif I know fasteners were for illustrative purpose, but, ditch the lockwashers they are literally worthless and serve no locking function whatsoever. Plain washer - biggrin.gif lockwasher sad.gif

I know . . I'm a jackass!

Thanks for making these!

Do you prefer F&F or purcase good for shipping via Paypal?
[/quote]

Yes $35 shipped.
Do NOT send as F & F. My pet peeve. It removes your address, eliminates the shipping discount and does not save the seller on small dollar buys like this.
I am interested why you say lock washers are worthless. You are not a jackass. I respect your knowledge as an engineer. I know who the jackasses are on this board.
I have the correct length bolts on order. Should be to me on Monday. Will provide flat washers. I normally like to provide the same hardware as OE or better.

Superhawk996
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Aug 14 2020, 10:34 AM) *

I am interested why you say lock washers are worthless. You are not a jackass. I respect your knowledge as an engineer.

Very kind words biggrin.gif but I'm OK with being a jackass sometimes. happy11.gif

Best explained by NASA fastener design manual.

Click to view attachment

https://snebulos.mit.edu/projects/reference...ASA-RP-1228.pdf

Within automotive they are not used on modern cars for the follwing reasons:

1) They add huge variability to fastener torque and clamp load within the joint. Any critical joint is now secured by a DC nut-runner that usually monitors torque and angle within a narrowly defined set of upper and lower spec limits. Lockwashers just screw all that up. If the nutrunner doesn't achieve proper torque and angle the part or assembly is rejected into a repair area for root cause identification and/or rework. Repairs cost $ and degrade first time though process capability (i.e. thoughput).

2) They don't add any locking effect (per NASA) as confirmed in a multitude of automotive applications where they have been studied since I first came into the industry decades ago.

3) As a separate part, they are prone to being left out / forgotten. If a washer is required, captive washers are now the norm for error proofing reasons.

4) They sometimes fail (i.e. crack) and then vibrate out from under the fastener head - now you have a loose joint without any clamp load.

5) OEM's don't like to give away parts for "free" that perform no function

Paypal sent. Thanks for making these Bruce, I wasn't looking forward to making my own. These are a great deal at $35 vs. my time to layout from scratch, cut, drill, etc.
914werke
aktion035.gif
sbsix
Bruce,

I'll take a passenger side (right side) bracket. I'll PP you. Please confirm your PP address for me.

Thanks,

Gary
sbsix
Bruce, PP for $20 for right side bracket sent to you.

Thanks,

Gary
autopro
I'll take a set of these please:

Bundle of two combs and two brackets with hardware $50

Can you send me the PayPal info please.

Thanks,

Pedro
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.