Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rothsport check valve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fixer34
Has anyone installed the Rothsport valve on a stock factory /6? I got one to help with drainback/leakage but it appears it will be a tight fit. Plus it seems the only place it will go is right where the HE clamp is.
Opinions?

I'm probably going to pull the heat exchanger to cut the hose and install it. It has been a long time since those hose connections were loose.
If this really goes south, are the factory hoses still available?
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Check out member Mark Henry, he recently posted his Rothsport oil-valve review smile.gif
FlacaProductions
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=347733&hl=
RickS
Added one to my 3.0 and not only did it reduce smoke at start, but the plugs stay cleaner, and no more “clearing out her lungs” in the first five miles (with smoke screen). Big improvement
Mark Henry
It has to be in a straight line, so if you want to keep the clamp I'd put it between the factory clamp and cooler, catching some of the barb with the factory clamp but leaving enough room to safely install the supplied ABA clamp.
You lose 1-1/2" off the hose for the valve body, but add in the barbs and you have the equivalent of adding about 4" of solid pipe to the hose.

Torque the ABA clamps to 35 inch pounds

Please post a pic of your install in my review thread.
fixer34
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Aug 14 2020, 09:28 PM) *

Check out member Mark Henry, he recently posted his Rothsport oil-valve review smile.gif

Yep, that's why I got it. I didn't look at mine before ordering, Mark's has a lot more clearance to work with.
rudedude
You can make your own oil lines using your existing fittings and Stoddard has the original cohline oil line
porschetub
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 15 2020, 11:10 PM) *

It has to be in a straight line, so if you want to keep the clamp I'd put it between the factory clamp and cooler, catching some of the barb with the factory clamp but leaving enough room to safely install the supplied ABA clamp.
You lose 1-1/2" off the hose for the valve body, but add in the barbs and you have the equivalent of adding about 4" of solid pipe to the hose.

Mark did you use the 2.7 on (?) push on type hose ,the soft rubber one ?.
Click to view attachment
Did you fit a hose tail of the tank for this fitment ?.
Thanks.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(porschetub @ Aug 15 2020, 05:14 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Thanks.

Yes, commonly called a 911 "S hose".

If you read the tread in the link I stated I made custom adapters. The down hose I made but is basically a stock cohline hose/fittings, the rest I made including the one inch 90 NPT elbow I TIG welded to the cooler.

Compared to what I did the OP install is dead simple.
The only reason I suggested catching part of the factory /6 clamp, which just holds the hose up, is for if the total length of the valve is an issue. You still have to use the supplied ABA clamps.

QUOTE(rudedude @ Aug 15 2020, 11:15 AM) *

You can make your own oil lines using your existing fittings and Stoddard has the original cohline oil line

Why?
..and why over complicate things?
porschetub
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 16 2020, 11:02 AM) *

QUOTE(porschetub @ Aug 15 2020, 05:14 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Thanks.

Yes, commonly called a 911 "S hose".

If you read the tread in the link I stated I made custom adapters. The down hose I made but is basically a stock cohline hose/fittings, the rest I made including the one inch 90 NPT elbow I TIG welded to the cooler.

Compared to what I did the OP install is dead simple.
The only reason I suggested catching part of the factory /6 clamp, which just holds the hose up, is for if the total length of the valve is an issue. You still have to use the supplied ABA clamps.

QUOTE(rudedude @ Aug 15 2020, 11:15 AM) *

Why?
..and why over complicate things?

Thanks,didn't read your original thread fully,got it now cheers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.