Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD! For sale 1974 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
JWatson
Sold 2 September 2020. Delete this listing if you can figure out how. Thanks.

FS. For sale, a 1974 914 that has been sitting for 5 years in my garage. I purchase it to fix and drive but life happened and I don’t have time to work on it now. I am seeking a good home for it. It was running when I parked it and is complete and has not been picked over. I have a few extra parts for it but everything is here. I would like $6,000 for it but I am open to offers. Call (937) 367-9176. [attachmentid=

I am adding a link to the Facebook market place with the photos. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/718132429038681/

21-Aug-2020: added new photos of the bottom of the doors and firewall inside engine compartment to the Face Book market place listing. biggrin.gif
zoomCat
This is intriguing, but I expect that folks will want to see some more pictures and more discussion of the history of the car. The value and desirability hinges tremendously on condition; and prior crash damage or rust is a big deal. Also, the engine, options or modifications are things I'd like to know; you could save yourself a bunch of pointless phone calls. For example, the front bumper doesn't look like its from a 74, so it may have been replaced with an earlier version.
I'm in Cincinnati, so I'm interested in it myself. It may actually be too nice a car for my purposes, but we'll see.

Also, you might consider getting this moved to the classified section for cars rather than parts. You may get more interest there.
Cairo94507
I agree with almost everything just said. The bumper could be a '74 bumper that appears to have had the tits removed. Pictures and more pictures sell cars. Documentation of work done or condition held a lot. GLWTS. beerchug.gif
thelogo
QUOTE(JWatson @ Aug 15 2020, 10:17 AM) *

FS. For sale, a 1974 914 that has been sitting for 5 years in my garage. I purchase it to fix and drive but life happened and I don’t have time to work on it now. I am seeking a good home for it. It was running when I parked it and is complete and has not been picked over. I have a few extra parts for it but everything is here. I would like $6,000 for it but I am open to offers. Call (937) 367-9176. Click to view attachment

Getting it running wash it and sell it for 10 k

But as it is . thats a 2500 parts car .

Someone might take a gamble
JWatson
QUOTE(zoomCat @ Aug 15 2020, 01:07 PM) *

This is intriguing, but I expect that folks will want to see some more pictures and more discussion of the history of the car. The value and desirability hinges tremendously on condition; and prior crash damage or rust is a big deal. Also, the engine, options or modifications are things I'd like to know; you could save yourself a bunch of pointless phone calls. For example, the front bumper doesn't look like its from a 74, so it may have been replaced with an earlier version.
I'm in Cincinnati, so I'm interested in it myself. It may actually be too nice a car for my purposes, but we'll see.

Also, you might consider getting this moved to the classified section for cars rather than parts. You may get more interest there.

Thank you for the reply. I thought I had listed it in the classifieds but I thought something was strange when it only let me put one photo up with it. Please let me know if you would like to come up and see it.
PaulFV8
QUOTE(JWatson @ Aug 16 2020, 10:55 AM) *

QUOTE(zoomCat @ Aug 15 2020, 01:07 PM) *

Thank you for the reply. I thought I had listed it in the classifieds but I thought something was strange when it only let me put one photo up with it. Please let me know if you would like to come up and see it.

What is the original paint code? Has it been hit? Rust? I have a friend in the area that could look at it for me but need these answers first.

Thanks and stay safe
zoomCat
QUOTE(JWatson @ Aug 16 2020, 10:55 AM) *

It is possible to get more than one picture into a single post, but there are size limits. If you can't get that to work you can email them to me and I can get them posted here. Let me know if I can help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.