Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914 Authenticity book update available October 1
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
356drb
First, thank you for all of your input and photos. The new edition of my 914 Authenticity book will go to the printer this week and I expect to have them on October 1. The updated book is 136 pages and contains 528 color photos and 48 illustrations. It also has optional Gallery access so that the images in the book can be viewed high res. online on demand (provided free for customers who purchase via the publisher's website: www.tpr-inc.com)

Included in this update is information on engine and brakes/suspension/transmissions not included in earlier editions. The chassis number list is the most inclusive and correct in print anywhere. George Hussey has provided valuable technical information along with Dave Pateman and others. Best news, only $39.95.

www.tpr-inc.com

Brett Johnson

Click to view attachment
SKL1
Looking forward to it! Hope my '71 helped with your research!
scallyk9
I've found the first edition valuable. Looking forward to the new one.
Krieger
Congratulations! I think I am going to buy one.
Sprout
Great! Will it be sold through Amazon?
356drb
QUOTE(Sprout @ Aug 17 2020, 10:24 AM) *

Great! Will it be sold through Amazon?

It will be available from Amazon about a month after release, based on recent books.

The Gallery online photo access will only be included with books sold on the publisher's website and from Automobile Atlanta. Access may be purchased at www.tpr-inc.com for books purchased from other vendors.

Customers with non-US addresses should purchase the book from Amazon or local book vendors due to the very high shipping cost for individual books. Based on my last book release, they generally will have the books around three months after the October release date.
Kaeferfreund
...sound's good! Hopefully, it will be available in Europe short-term.
356drb
It can now be ordered online at www.tpr-inc.com It is expected around October 1, possibly a little sooner. We take major charge cards and they will not be charged until the book ships. Books purchased on our website get the online Gallery at no charge (see below).

Click to view attachment
356drb
Update on delivery that was supposed to be today. Surprise, as with everything else this year, it is running a little late, but not that much. It is expected to arrive between 10/9 and 10/14. Barring some disaster, I will have all orders shipped by 10/16. Charges will not be run until the day the books are shipped. Those who have ordered from www.tpr-inc.com already have access to the Gallery, so you can preview what is contained.
davep
I am getting a couple of books, so I could do a group buy for people in southern Ontario, and that way we can save a lot on the shipping and customs hassle. Contact me if you want in.
356drb
Update from printer. Books will arrive on Monday 10/12. I will start processing on 10/11 and hope to have all of the existing orders shipped by 10/14.
MM1
I truly enjoyed the first one as well!
356drb
Like your Avatar -- reminds me of my favorite photo of my '36 Cord.

Click to view attachment
trick-e
QUOTE(356drb @ Oct 8 2020, 01:53 PM) *

Update from printer. Books will arrive on Monday 10/12. I will start processing on 10/11 and hope to have all of the existing orders shipped by 10/14.

Thank you. I’m looking forward to my signed copy.
356drb
They are here! All standing orders will be shipped tomorrow. I even signed them! Please no comments about my signature.

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
Order sent smile.gif
morsmanlaw
QUOTE(356drb @ Oct 12 2020, 05:20 PM) *

They are here! All standing orders will be shipped tomorrow. I even signed them! Please no comments about my signature.

Click to view attachment

Looking forward to receiving my book, which is now a collector's edition!
Lucky9146
Ordered my copy and looking forward to it! Thanks Brett for your latest work. smilie_pokal.gif

Hoping for a signed copy but I may have missed the deadline. Fingers crossed beerchug.gif
driving.gif white914.jpg
Steve
I also just placed an order!! Looking forward to it!!
rudedude
Just placed my order. His other books are very helpful and with digital access through his website the pictures are very nice to have.
356drb
Anyone who has ordered on the www.tpr-inc.com website already has the Gallery access. Your login is your email address and you entered a password when you placed the order. Go to the Gallery pull down menu, read through the information page about how to navigate and have at it!

Click to view attachment
Gint
I can't wait!

Thank you. Your order has been received.
ORDER NUMBER:

I made your web site a link in your first post.
914Sixer
Has anyone received their book yet?
Steve
Nope
zoomCat
Got mine. Signed and numbered.
orthobiz
Mine today! I am so authentic now!!

Paul
BillC
Mine arrived today. Very nice!
SKL1
Got my signed copy today! Thanks Brett. It's cool to see a picture of my seats...

Can't wait for the 911 book too!
Steve
Mine also arrived today!! Signed and numbered!! Great book!! Now what to do with the 1st and 2nd edition?
bludden
Just thumbing through it, I found a couple of photos and information I was wondering about without even trying. Already worth the price.
914Sixer
Mine came Thursday.
GeorgeRud
Nicely done, but now I have to try to get into the Gallery. I only get a screen saying I gave to buy the book, though I gave it in front of me. Not very computer literate I’m afraid.
356drb
I have been on vacation this week. All orders placed between 10/16 and 10/25 will be shipped 10/26 -- Monday. Next vacation is in June. I think I am caught up on emails. If not feel free to contact me at: 356drb@indy.net

Amazon has it priced at the same level still and says they will ship around November 10. The Gallery is not included with books sold by Amazon, but can be ordered separately at: www.tpr-inc.com

The Gallery is included at no extra charge with all 914 and 356 Authenticity books purchased from us: www.tpr.inc

Books ship by media mail which can take 3 days to 3 weeks.

Single book shipments to non-US addresses are quite expensive ($25-$40). Clubs wishing to buy 10 books will be offered special pricing and will be able to substantially reduce shipping cost. It generally takes Amazon several months to establish inventory in non-US locations.

Click to view attachment
dhuckabay
Have ordered one also, looking forward to it.

Like the comment on the signature. Thought Med Sch taught bad hand writing. Makes it harder for the lawyers to figure things out. biggrin.gif
356drb
QUOTE(zoomCat @ Oct 19 2020, 02:10 AM) *

Got mine. Signed and numbered.

Actually, signed and dated.
356drb
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Oct 24 2020, 11:03 AM) *

Nicely done, but now I have to try to get into the Gallery. I only get a screen saying I gave to buy the book, though I gave it in front of me. Not very computer literate I’m afraid.

If you are still having problems with the Gallery, email me directly: 356drb@indy.net
356drb
QUOTE(dhuckabay @ Oct 25 2020, 08:23 PM) *

Have ordered one also, looking forward to it.

Like the comment on the signature. Thought Med Sch taught bad hand writing. Makes it harder for the lawyers to figure things out. biggrin.gif

I went to vet school...
dcheek
I've been told my car is on pages 116 and 117.

Can't wait for my copy!

Dave
gturner008
Mine arrived. Thanks Brett. Love it
356drb
QUOTE(dcheek @ Oct 28 2020, 09:48 AM) *

I've been told my car is on pages 116 and 117.

Can't wait for my copy!

Dave

And elsewhere...
trick-e
I’m liking it. Thank you for putting it together Brett and George.
flat4guy
Mine arrived, BUT, it's a Christmas gift so I can't see it yet, ugh !!!
914-300Hemi
A little late but I just ordered mine.
Lucky9146
Arrived just the other day. Wow this is really a top notch book and so many color pictures! Signed copy is much appreciated! Thanks for doing this. beerchug.gif
driving.gif white914.jpg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.