Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fault list help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pursang
Qualifiers: I'm old and was never a good mechanic anyway.

Went out to take my '74 2L for a drive. Turned the key and started the engine. It ran for thirty seconds or so and then went silent. No juice. Is there a typical relay that might have gone bad? I replaced the ground strap a few years ago but I should probably check that again. If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate them.
914Sixer
Probably need to check ignition switch electrical portion, most likely it has split open.
TheCabinetmaker
No juice is a little vague. Does it turn over? Does the fuel pump prime? FI, or carbs? More info, please!
Pursang
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Aug 17 2020, 05:53 AM) *

No juice is a little vague. Does it turn over? Does the fuel pump prime? FI, or carbs? More info, please!

Stock engine and FI. Nothing happens; no prime, no instrumentation, no dash lights.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I would check the positive connections to the battery, could be loose or not making good connection

QUOTE(Pursang @ Aug 17 2020, 07:47 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Aug 17 2020, 05:53 AM) *

Stock engine and FI. Nothing happens; no prime, no instrumentation, no dash lights.

Pursang
Thanks for the tips. I lucked out and it was a simple problem. I disconnect the positive battery cable when I park the car and my re-connect job was poorly executed. Thanks George.

Occam's Razor
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.