Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring in OEM colors?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
Greetings,

Wondering if there is a way to secure a small selection of all/most of the factory wiring colors. Like 10-20ft of most of the colors including the striped ones would be a great thing to have when doing small repairs or additions in order to keep things clean and evident for the future.

Right now i'm leaning toward https://4rcustomswire.com as they trade in small quantities, colors and have GXL and TXL flavors...

Thoughts?
mepstein
Buy a used harness from a parts car.
bbrock
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 17 2020, 07:22 PM) *

Buy a used harness from a parts car.

agree.gif I lost track of the number of vendors I bought wire from to get the colors and sizes I needed but it was at least 6, including two orders shipped from the UK and that isn't counting the 3 or so members here who sold or donated sections of wire to me from their own stashes. Although there are a number of vendors that sell small quantities, I never found one that was a one stop shop for all sizes and color combos. Having a big chunk of a trashed harness would have sure saved a lot of time and money.
914Sixer
Check with Jeff Bowlsby
peteyd
I would probably have all the colours you need. We are currently reproduce the harnesses for the /6.

Let me know the colour combos you need and I can look into it for you.

Pete
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes buy a used wiring harness. they are cheap

QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Aug 17 2020, 06:18 PM) *

Greetings,

Wondering if there is a way to secure a small selection of all/most of the factory wiring colors. Like 10-20ft of most of the colors including the striped ones would be a great thing to have when doing small repairs or additions in order to keep things clean and evident for the future.

Right now i'm leaning toward https://4rcustomswire.com as they trade in small quantities, colors and have GXL and TXL flavors...

Thoughts?

FlacaProductions
Hi @peteyd - sent you an email....
As to a used harness - I'm keeping my eyes open. That does have appeal as you can frequently get connectors, etc. in the mix, too.

QUOTE(peteyd @ Aug 18 2020, 05:10 AM) *

I would probably have all the colours you need. We are currently reproduce the harnesses for the /6.

Let me know the colour combos you need and I can look into it for you.

Pete
scallyk9
I have two 1974s, one produced in November 1973 and one in March 1974. Only a few months apart but with some differences in their harnesses. I bought a used harness two months ago that has become more valuable for researching the solution to wiring problems on either car than for its individual parts. I wish I had purchased one sooner.
windforfun
I have a used harness that you can borrow & scavenge from. All you need to do is cover the S&H.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(scallyk9 @ Aug 18 2020, 10:01 AM) *

I have two 1974s, one produced in November 1973 and one in March 1974. Only a few months apart but with some differences in their harnesses. I bought a used harness two months ago that has become more valuable for researching the solution to wiring problems on either car than for its individual parts. I wish I had purchased one sooner.

Curious to know what differences you notice in these two harnesses. Can you list them?
windforfun
Check your email.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.