Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Restored dash gauges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
JamesJ
I am looking for a restored set of early dash gauges or possibly late dash gauges with glass. The combination gauge can be original or a variation.
Thanks.
bdstone914
QUOTE(JamesJ @ Aug 18 2020, 06:02 PM) *

I am looking for a restored set of early dash gauges or possibly late dash gauges with glass. The combination gauge can be original or a variation.
Thanks.

What year is your car? The gauge wiring is not all the same. Late gauges had plastic not glass.
JamesJ
I have a ‘74 car with plastic but want to switch to glass and silver dot centers. I was not aware that the wiring is different. Thanks.
FlacaProductions
Silver dots have both Left and Right turn signal indicators in the tach - later non-dot models have one indicator in the tach.
You can make it work - @Spoke can chime in on how to make the different arrangement work with what wiring you have.
BuddyV
James -

I have a complete set that may be just what you need. Great (maybe perfect) condition......

Text me and i will reply with a pic. (707) 888-1857.... I am North of you a bit, in Santa Rosa .

Yours for free if they will work for you. I ran them in a car and know they work well.

Welcome the the World!

Robert
JamesJ
Thank you very much, Robert! I’ll take them. I sent you a text message.
JamesJ
And thank you to the others for the wiring/turn signal information.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.