914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IronHillRestorations
Where did you get your new windshield?
nditiz1
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Aug 19 2020, 12:17 PM) *

Where did you get your new windshield?

Wondering the same biggrin.gif
brcacti
I was ALSO wondering if they are readily available?
mb911
Local glass shop. 160-180
aharder
I bought mine from the dealer.
Park Place Porsche - Dallas.

I think I paid around 475.00

nditiz1
Thanks Ben, safelite it is.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the problem is always the shipping. You can buy a new windshield from the local glass places made in china or a new factory one from porsche and pick ip up at the dealer
roblav1
When I checked 3 werks ago, the local Porsche dealerships were out of tinted windshields.
bbrock
I've had one on order with my local Safelight shop since May. The reason it is delayed is because he won't charge me shipping if I wait until he has enough windshields to order for a regular shipment. It will cost me $220. Business has been slow due to COVID so it is taking awhile, but I'm a CSOB so can also be a patient SOB. biggrin.gif
bandjoey
Mine was from the dealer and no extra freight + 10% PCA discount.
Garland
QUOTE(ProSource Glass @ Jul 20 2016, 03:14 PM) *

We have for the first time brand new Sekurit made windshields for the Porsche 914 due in to us within the next 2 weeks. These are manufactured by the Sekurit plant in Finland that does shorter production runs . We are able to offer in clear for $300 or green tint for $315. This is the first time we are able to offer. The quality and fit will be the best and certainly an alternative to the Chinese brand.
There is a $25 crate fee and freight charges via truck carrier range from $135 to $200 within the continental USA. We are now taking orders. These will ship after the first week in August.

The best way to reach us is Toll Free 877-345-2800 or via email : info@prosourceglassintl.com
We accept all major credit cards & PayPal. We can send a Paypal request . Thank you.

2016 post, I purchased mine from them in mid 90’s They also had a 2004 group buy.
RARE 6
QUOTE(Garland @ Aug 19 2020, 08:55 PM) *

We have for the first time brand new Sekurit made windshields for the Porsche 914 due in to us within the next 2 weeks. These are manufactured by the Sekurit plant in Finland that does shorter production runs . We are able to offer in clear for $300 or green tint for $315. This is the first time we are able to offer. The quality and fit will be the best and certainly an alternative to the Chinese brand.
There is a $25 crate fee and freight charges via truck carrier range from $135 to $200 within the continental USA. We are now taking orders. These will ship after the first week in August.

The best way to reach us is Toll Free 877-345-2800 or via email : info@prosourceglassintl.com
We accept all major credit cards & PayPal. We can send a Paypal request . Thank you.

2016 post, I purchased mine from them in mid 90’s They also had a 2004 group buy.

Tried to get Sekurit for my recent replacement. Patrick Motorsports had them in stock last fall but as of my visit there in March they are NLA. Had to to with the Porsche dealer replacement courtesy of my ins. company. Pretty high dollar item I'm told.
IronHillRestorations
I need two windshields and two sets of trim
stevie 77 930
I got one from Stoddard

https://www.stoddard.com/91454110110.html
Literati914
My local Safelite just returned my inquirey with a voice mail.. "we do not work on cars more than 25 years old,".. etc.

Cairo94507
That may be the best message you could get. I would rather they decline a job than try to muddle their way through one when they have not done a 914 windshield before and mess it up. beerchug.gif
Literati914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 20 2020, 12:10 PM) *

That may be the best message you could get. I would rather they decline a job than try to muddle their way through one when they have not done a 914 windshield before and mess it up. beerchug.gif

True, but I was just trying to see if they could get me one, that I'd install myself .. because my understanding is that none of the big name modern glass dealers are going to use a Urethane mastic/glue or caulk for installation - as is needed on our cars. True or not guys ?

914werke
Actually the opposite if I understand your question.
Due to "liability" reasons few shops will sell you the glass outright for DIY install
Or optionally if they do they will void any warranty for any reason.
Most insist on installing the glass and then require it to be installed with Urethane which IMO & experience is a BAD idea.
Best idea as was mentioned previously is order from a dealer or a PCA referred vendor & use that discount if youve got one smile.gif
914werke
QUOTE(Garland @ Aug 19 2020, 09:55 PM) *
We have for the first time brand new Sekurit made windshields for the Porsche info@prosourceglassintl.com Thank you.

Richard was a great resource but after corresponding with him now some months ago, he closed up his operation sad.gif
Literati914
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 20 2020, 01:56 PM) *

.. and then require it to be installed with Urethane which IMO & experience is a BAD idea.

OK, maybe I have the Urethane thing mixed up .. I thought someone (in a past thread) mentioned using whatever old school mastic, because it was better with vibration. I thought it was Urethane but maybe that's the new stuff. Which is the preferred product?

ndfrigi
Good we have Rufino SoCal local who did several 914 windshield installation. He also provided me a windshield and installed it that was paid by Hagerty after I got hit on a freeway from a big truck flying stone.
914werke
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Aug 20 2020, 12:14 PM) *
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 20 2020, 01:56 PM) *
.. and then require it to be installed with Urethane which IMO & experience is a BAD idea.
OK, maybe I have the Urethane thing mixed up .. I thought someone (in a past thread) mentioned using whatever old school mastic, because it was better with vibration. I thought it was Urethane but maybe that's the new stuff. Which is the preferred product?

Butyl smile.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Aug 20 2020, 11:06 AM) *

My local Safelite just returned my inquirey with a voice mail.. "we do not work on cars more than 25 years old,".. etc.

I got mixed up on who has one on order for me. I called Safelite who took my number and said they would get back to me but never did. It was my local Speedy Glass guy who had no problem with ordering a windshield for me to install myself. Of course, I haven't seen the glass yet but he says it is in the queue. I think I scored some points when I first called and told him I was looking for a windshield for a 73 Porsche and then asked how many he had in stock and could I pick one up that afternoon. He got a good laugh out of it and I think might have made him determined to find that glass.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.