Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch Install Problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ansbacher
Trying to install my pressure plate on my '74 2.0L . All the bolt holes and indexing pin holes line up, but the indexing pins will not fit into their respective holes- pins are a tiny bit too large for the holes. Is it kosher to file down the pins or drill out the indexing holes a tad? Don't want to muck things up at this point. Need advice. Thanks.

Ansbacher

jsaum
I wouldn't touch the pins. I would adjust the holes on the pressure plate. How much of a difference is there?
Ansbacher
QUOTE(jsaum @ Aug 20 2020, 01:25 PM) *

I wouldn't touch the pins. I would adjust the holes on the pressure plate. How much of a difference is there?

Barely one drill size difference.

Ansbacher
jcd914
WTF.gif

The pins normally fit tight into the pressure plate.
I have never had to enlarge the pressure plate holes but I have had to add a little extra force to get the pins started through.

Jim
jsaum
I would get an exact size matched drill bit to the pins and open them up.
Mike D.
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Aug 20 2020, 10:41 AM) *

WTF.gif

The pins normally fit tight into the pressure plate.
I have never had to enlarge the pressure plate holes but I have had to add a little extra force to get the pins started through.

Jim

agree.gif
Never had to drill, just start the bolts and evenly tighten all the way around. They will go in...
Ansbacher
I solved this by lightly reaming out the indexing holes with a small round file. Thanks everyone.

Ansbacher
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.