Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB smog pump pulley
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
TypeJ
WTB smog pump pulley from smog pump itself, not the three legged beast from down below (not yet, anyway).
bdstone914
I have a pump and can see if i can remove the pulley without damage.
How did yours break?

@typej
TypeJ
Thank you very much, bdstone! The pulley was broken when I bought the car last month, so I'm not sure how it broke. Let me know if you're able to remove it. In case you didn't already know, those are reverse threads on that 27mm nut.
Dominic
QUOTE(TypeJ @ Aug 21 2020, 01:08 PM) *

WTB smog pump pulley from smog pump itself, not the three legged beast from down below (not yet, anyway).

What is the ID and OD of that pulley? You might be able to find a suitable replacement on the web.
TypeJ
I measured the OD as 3.172", the shaft diameter (ID ) as 0.666", the inner diameter of the belt groove as 2.285", and the key way as 0.193" My concern, as I searched the web for a replacement, is finding one with the correct "hub offset" for lack of a better term. Also, I'm not entirely sure if the belt channel is a generic size and shape, or if a very similar sized pulley might require a much "wider" or "narrower" belt. The car came with what is said to be a smog pump belt. It is a B7 Continental FO AV10 / 9,5 x 771 La
TypeJ
Click to view attachment

Pulley thickness is 0.629" at the outer edge and 0.798" at the thick part of the stepped hub.
TypeJ
Click to view attachment
For what it's worth, here is the supposedly correct belt.
Dominic
I guess the first question I should have asked is what year is the car? If it's a 76' and you are trying to get it smogged, I understand you need the part.

If it's a 75' or older 914 you don't need the smog pump to run the car.

TypeJ
It is, unfortunately, a '76
shelby/914
Climbed up in the garage attic just now and I have two complete setups. Will try to remove a pulley tomorrow when its a little cooler if you don't have one by then. Sold my '76 with all of the smog stuff removed and everything backdated since I could register it at our place in the mountains where an E test is not required. New owner also has a place out of the front range.

Dan
shelby/914
Got the pully off. Sent you a PM to get your address.

Dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.